How many calories in one meal?

Options
Just because the way my day works out, I usually eat 2 meals a day. I know people say you should eat small 6 meals or something but its just not possible for me right now.

So I was wondering, how many calories in one meal, in one sitting is too many?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So I was wondering, how many calories in one meal, in one sitting is too many?

more than the number you need to lose your weight is too many!

it doesnt matter if you eat one or 72 meals, hit your macros and your calorie goal and you will lose weight
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters how many meals you have, as long as you stay within your calorie goals. Some days I have 2 or 3 meals, other days I have 7 or 8. Doesn't seem to have any effect on my weight.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but I've seen people refer to Macros a few times, what are they??
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but I've seen people refer to Macros a few times, what are they??

fat, carbs and protein
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    I have been staying in my calorie goals, just a few times over, but I've not seen or noticed much of any changes. I wondered if the amount of calories in one sitting had anything to do with it.
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    Ah ok, thanks. Until last week I wasn't even aware of those, I didn't really play with all the different options in the app. Then found all the other stuff on the website.

I usually am good I think with those, I go over on Sodium and Sugar most of the time, but not on purpose. Things I don't even think should have sugar, have sugar. Sodium is IN EVERYTHING.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I have been staying in my calorie goals, just a few times over, but I've not seen or noticed much of any changes. I wondered if the amount of calories in one sitting had anything to do with it.

if you weigh, measure and log everything accurately then no, it wont.
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    I believe I am. I have a little "diet scale" as it says on the box, and I believe I am. I've not been shown, or talked to anyone in person about anything but I to the best of my ability am weighing and measuring. I'm sure sometimes I may not be 100% accurate but I think I am doing good on that. I hope so.