cant keep my sugar totals down!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    calories in vs calories out... sugar is only detrimental to health.. not weight loss

How so?
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm having an issue with my sugar intake! I have been able to keep my calories below 1200 every day but my sugar total is ALWAYS over. My question is, as long as my calorie count is ok, could my sugar intake hinder me? Im allowed I think 30g but im alway way over that and I dont eat a lot of sweets. I kmow I dont take in enuff veggies but I do eat fruit. Could the fruit be whats bringing it up every day?? Thanks for any advice and good luck to everyone.

I would not worry about the sugar in whole fruit. Whole fruit have health-promoting properties that make it a must in any diet.
    If, however, there is added sugar in your diet - its probably a good idea to eradicate it from your diet. Likewise, if you are eating processed foods that contain corn syrup, fructose or glucose - then you might want to find a healthier alternative.

If you are interested, feel free to join the "Sugar free September Challenge" group.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16239-sugar-free-september-challenge-group
    kind regards,

Ben

Cognitive dissonance

I'm sorry about that. I hope you get over it soon.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I got tired of seeing me go over on sugar, so I changed it to show fiber instead. If I eat yogurt or have a cup of vanilla almond milk, I'm over...I say don't worry about it.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I got tired of seeing me go over on sugar, so I changed it to show fiber instead. If I eat yogurt or have a cup of vanilla almond milk, I'm over...I say don't worry about it.
    That is such a smart idea!