eating late at night help!

Options
I work late nights and need some advice....

I normally eat when I come in from work at 10pm but I know this isn't good when it comes to weight loss anyone else have the same problem? Any advice on how to work round It? Xx

Replies

• jaymarchetti22
    Options
    Have you tried just doing a meal replacement, like Shakeology? My recommendation would be to drink it with a low fat milk or soymilk 3-4 hours prior to you going to bed. It works for me because I sleep at 1030 every evening and I drink a meal replacement post workout, around 7PM. I don't take anything after that and my appetite is suppressed throughout the evening. I hope this helps.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Don't do a fad thing unless that's what you want.

Eating late being bad for you is a bit of a myth, eat at 10pm if that's what works for your schedule. Could you eat your main meal at work then have a smoothie or something when you get in so you're not digesting while trying to go to sleep?
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. The only reason for not eating right before bed would be if it interferes with your sleep.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    time of eating doesn't matter. total calories in and out matters. as long as you're in your in your macros you're ok if you eat at 5 or you eat at 11
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat. Usually I work 2pm to 10pm. I tend to be hungry after work, though I do make a good dinner. Normally I am in bed by 12 noon. At the moment, I am doing 10 pm to 6 am. If I am hungry when I get home, I have breakfast before bed. I was finding I needed something after work, even when eating enough. I started allowing calories for a nighttime snack. You might need to allow leftover calories for a bedtime snack.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. The only reason for not eating right before bed would be if it interferes with your sleep.

Quoted for truth. Meal timing is garbage science, if it's science at all.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry regardless of what time it is. As long as you are still under your TDEE you will lose weight eating at night... or anytime of the day.
  • LornaRodda
    LornaRodda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As other posters have said - it does not matter at all what time of day you eat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    meal timing is largely irrelevant. Eating late at night does not hinder weight loss. You burn XXXX calories in a 24 hour period...think about that....you burn XXXX calories in a 24 hour period....if you take a cut from that level of calories, you will lose weight regardless of when you eat...because you burn XXXX calories in a 24 hour period.

Just to reiterate, meal timing is irrelevant. I eat dinner every night at 9PM and go to bed at 10 or 10:30...I lost 40 Lbs pretty easily just making sure I hit my goals.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I work late nights and need some advice....

I normally eat when I come in from work at 10pm but I know this isn't good when it comes to weight loss anyone else have the same problem? Any advice on how to work round It? Xx

As others have said, it makes no difference when you eat. I'm a bit of a night owl, and routinely eat after 10:00 it's not a big deal. Keep doing what your doing and don't stress over it.

Rigger