Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

More measurements

Options
This is a great app but most measures seem to be in g or oz. Would be great if you could add cups, tsp and tbls to as many foods as possible.
1 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,174 Member
    Options
    Volume measurements really aren't that reliable, unless for liquids. Weighing is more accurate.

That being said, there are plenty of entries with volume measurements too, you just need to find them. A food database entry will have the units that are added by the person who created it (a number of entries were created based on USDA entries, those usually have more options in the unit drop-down). Many foods have multiple database entries with varying unit choices, so browse till you find one that fits
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Agree with Lietchi. You weigh yourself on a scale, I presume. Same idea. It's accurate. Using volume may help you lose weight in the beginning, but as you get close to goal, it generally gets harder. That's why weight measurement are recommended for solids. You can keep going until you hit a stall and then switch over or you can get used to it now. Learning new things can be a plus in life. This site has changed many of my ideas over time and I now look for new things to try. Good luck.