can you sync samsung steps and garmin exercise for the same day?

Options
naz101
naz101 Posts: 2 Member
Hi Guys,
Been using MFP for a while now.
Is there anyway to sync both the samsung step counter and garmin app at the same time ?
for example I did 3k steps with the samsung step app yesterday.
I then did 1hr hitt workout. Only 1 will sync for the day.
Does anyone know how to get around this?
Thanks

Answers

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 768 MFP Staff
    Options
    It is definitely possible to connect multiple partner apps to your MyFitnessPal account!

To get started with the Samsung Health integration, first download and then launch the app from the Play Store. Once completed, go into MyFitnessPal and find Apps & Devices under the Menu Bar. Search for Samsung Health and then tap Connect. You should see a pop up for permissions regarding the Samsung Health integration. In order for it to work properly, turn the integration On and then allow the permissions. Please note you will need to scroll down on this pop up to see all of the permissions. Tap Done to finish the set up.

Next, return to the Menu Bar in MyFitnessPal and tap Steps>Samsung Health. This way it'll track your step count from Samsung.

To connect Garmin, you need to start on Garmin's end. From the Garmin Connect app, go to the Menu Bar (Android) or tap the More tab (iOS). Next, tap Settings>3rd Party Apps>MyFitnessPal. Swipe through the screens and tap the Get Started button at the end, and then Link Accounts.

On their site, connect.garmin.com/modern, you will want to click on Health Stats (left of the screen) and then Calories In/Out in order to see the option to connect to MyFitnessPal.

Once you have connected on the Garmin side, we recommend going to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, and double check on the right hand side of the page under "Your Apps" to make sure Garmin is now listed there.
  • naz101
    naz101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for this. Both are connected but it only lists the activity from one of them per day.
    I can either have samsung showing up on or garmin. I can easily switch between them but both do not list my activity at the same time.
    Thats what Im trying to get to work.please help.
    Thanks
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 768 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for any problems you are having with syncing both of these partner apps. Please reach out to our dedicated support team for further assistance on this via https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com.
This discussion has been closed.