Hello World

Options
Hello, my name is Blake Braden i am 6' 4" and i just graduated from college. I swam competitively for 15 years and have lost my ability to swim due to high costs at the place i went before. When i finished college i weighed 220, a little higher than i wanted to be, but after that i boosted up to 260 and decided for my health and to feel active again to start to lose weight. Now i started in the Wii fit which was good for just keeping track of my weight. But i needed a system to help sort out what i ate and myfitnesspal helped me do that. I am now down to 244 and have seemed to stop. It seems i have reached a plateau and can't seem to lose anymore. Is there any advice anybody can give to me about trying to get off of this plateau. I try to work out at least an hour a day but i miss sometimes. I am currently eating around 1000-1500 calories a day which is 3 meals. I drink lots of water and milk, and i am keeping all snacks out of my diet. I am worried that if i try to start eating more my metabolism won't follow and i will just gain the weight back, which is one thing i do not want to do. Any support would be awesome!!! Thanks for listening. If you have any questions i will gladly answer them.

Replies

• colleen920
    Options
    Congratulations on losing so much weight that is awesome! It sounds like you are doing everything right but if I could offer some advice I would say maybe drinking a lot of milk is not so good since milk tends to have a lot of salt in it especially if it is not skim milk that might help! Good Luck!!
  • blakebraden21
    Options
    thanks for the tip, i have been drinking skim milk, but i believe ive been having too much, i usually have between 5-6 cups of milk a day along with multiple bottles of water, but i havent heard anything bad with having a little too much milk daily. i mean if it is the cause of my weight loss stoppage i can most definitely hold back in that category, because my calcium is around 200 to 250% daily.
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    Options
    I don't have any advice as I'm new to this, just wanted to say welcome and congrats on losing the weight that you have.
  • blakebraden21
    Options
    thank you soo much, i hope you reach your goals as well!!!!!