Two weeks in to new diet/exercise plan

Options
So, I finally decided that it was time to get off my *kitten* and lose some weight! I started counting calories using the app a couple of weeks ago which made it very easy to see what I was eating and "budget' how many calories I could eat for snacks. I used to be a chronic nighttime eater, eating 1-2 bowls of cereal and a granola bar or two every night in the middle of the night. I have completely cut out this habit, as well as giving up all soda (regular and diet), and going for walks in the morning 4-5 days per week. Things are going well so far, just hoping to be able to keep this up!

Replies

• baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, making that first move to fitness and nutrition is always the hardest! Stick with it and it'll become the norm for you, I promise :)
  • Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started with stopping diet soda and coffee about two weeks ago and started logging about a week ago. I've lost 5 lbs this week! And I have cut my insulin from 400 units a day to 60 yesterday and my sugars are more stable. I've had midnight snacks a plenty over the years, but something has changed for me and I'm not craving food as before. At this point I would like to think I would go out for a walk instead of eat if I found myself up in the middle of the night. Keep plugging and add me as a friend if you like. It sounds like we started at about the same time
  • Jbrum71
    Jbrum71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to see today! Don't stop! Know that u encouraged someone else today!! Thanks!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The most important change to make is knowing that you need to make a change and just do it!

As long as you make this a "lifestyle" change, and are realistic you will do great. Just realizing the late night cereal and the soda's are not a great idea and stopping them is HUGE.

Great work, and congratulations :drinker:
  • Featfabtastic
    Options
    Great! I started 3 weeks ago tomorrow- am really happy I did! I also stopped with the diet drinks a few months back, it made a huge difference, they made me feel hungry. I have also cut out most processed foods, and have added raw veg to most meals. I LOVE vegies raw! I never would have thought I'd say that! Also have cut out sugar- HUGE change in my energy levels already, I was feeling slugish and tired all the time before. Now I feel awesome!

Well done to you! I'm really happy to hear another Newbie is having a good experience with MFP

:flowerforyou:
  • laurenjanco
    Options
    Well done, keep it up, I've just started using this app again, trying to lose weight I gained from binge eating, which I now do alot after recovering from anorexia.. I really lack motivation and support as well :(