Confused 🤪

Options
Hiya I’m back again and this time I want to succeed and finally lose all the weight and be fit again. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and have 84lbs to lose. The problem I have is I’ve been dieting for nearly 22yrs now and I’ve been on every diet going, so my head is a mess and I don’t know which way is up. I’m calorie counting on here and a diet I thought was healthy is way over my calories most days. I’d like to eat around 500 calories a meal and 250 for snacks. Can anyone recommend foods they eat or approaches they use to consistently lose weight or slim down please?

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend foods they eat or approaches they use to consistently lose weight or slim down please?

the foods I eat are mainly whole foods, very limited processed, very limited "fast" food. I find that if I eat something out of the box/plastic/drive-thru, it doesn't leave me feeling full enough and found I get hungrier more often. It sucks. So....breaky, lunch, din-din, snacks, etc., are usually fridge-staples such as eggs, eggwhites, frozen berries (because fresh mold so fast), frozen veggies such as green beans, corn, peas, fresh spinach (cuz its easy), fresh mushrooms, almonds, brazil nuts, raw oats, amaranth, fish, chicken, fragrant cheeses, raw apple. For "dressings" I like to dabble in the bottled-kind at the store (like Whataburger creamy pepper sauce) but not go over half-the serving. Gets the fat macro up, gives the taste buds a tickle, plus has a kick. For recipes, I'll make my own meatloaf, roasts, etc., and use the recipe builder to log. Many of my own recipes were ridiculously high calorie, so the recipe builder allowed me to "slim" them up by making better modifications without sacrificing too much.

Your menu can be switched up however you like it, pay attention to your macros. Are you getting too much in one macro but not enough in the other? You say your over over alot, are you weighing it all on a scale? I like to use a digital scale (vs cups). Very accurate.

My suggestion is take a harder look at where your food source is? Also, is your calories up high enough? so you set your loss to not go under too much?

hth