I want to lose 100lbs

Options
1997troy
1997troy Posts: 2 Member
So I've been a chubby guy for most of my life and I had a dot physical the other day and I was at a bmi that would make me fail the physical and I would've had to take a sleep study, after stripping down to my boxers I was just short of failing that physical. I'm 5'10 on a good day and the other day I looked in the mirror and said "Oh god I've gotten fat." I'm a truck driver and a scale is hard to come by sometimes. And a few days later I weighed my self again just to see what I weighed and I saw 260 and about fell over. I took another look at myself in the mirror that day and told myself I'm gunna lose 100lbs and I'm going to figure out how I'm gunna do that. I started counting my calories and walking every day with my dog at least a mile. I'm a week into this journey now and I've lost 2lbs 98 to go.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Good luck! 👍
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nice plan! You can do it.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You can buy a small digital scale at the drug store if you want to track your weight on the road, or just to weigh in at home. If you have access to a mini fridge and a microwave or hot plate try stocking up on some healthier food options to have on hand than what you can get at truck stops and rest areas. I saw a show with a couple who were truck drivers who had a portable grill in their truck and would set it up and grill themselves yummy dinners (even steak!) for less than what they would spend at a fast food place - both calorie and money wise. I think they shopped and maybe even grilled at walmart parking lots or just packed the meat in a mini fridge or cooler. It was a clever idea but seems like it would require some advance planning.