Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

"Frequent" and "Recent" should save any and all foods and the system should auto-retire items

Options
jmf552
jmf552 Posts: 47 Member
When a user goes to "Add Food" on the website, there is a default tab, "Recent" and another option "Frequent." I notice that some foods will never show up in the list. For instance, I use honey almost every day, not a lot, but just a drizzle. I always log it accurately but "honey" never shows up in my "Recent" or "Frequent."

I also think those lists should automatically delete items that only get logged a few times, but then are never logged again. Those lists hang on to things that after some time are no longer "Recent" or "Frequent" and as a result, the lists just keep getting longer and longer. I know the user can edit the lists, but it is a pain and purpose of the lists is to make the user experience easier. It would be really nice if the user could set parameters for auto-retiring "Recent" and "Frequent" items.
6 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Replies

• Horsejumper1
    Horsejumper1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this issue posted. It is so annoying that many of my Frequently used foods are ones I have eaten in over a year and that my Recent foods are all over the place.
  • Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    @jmf552, @Horsejumper1, and anyone else running into this: Reach out to us if you please through the Help at the top of the website or the Help in app so we can look into this with you. The Recent and Frequent lists should be doing what you think they should be. Might be some quick troubleshooting we can try to get the lists talking to your habits as they should.