How to make green tea drinkable!!!

Options

Replies

• chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Here is the only way I like green tea. Even then it wasn't very good imo.

green-tea-kitkat.jpeg

Holy crap! This has to be the best food I never knew existed. Immediately upon seeing this I went online and ordered a bag!

If you like Green Tea you'll like it. It tastes like Green Tea with chunks of Chocolate in it.

12 mini-sized for $11.49? Wow! Either of you find a better deal?

I didn't, but I used credit card points to buy it, so it was technically free for me :smile: . If it is as good as I hope (here I go building the expectations already), then I will definitely need to find a cheaper source.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

green-tea-kitkat.jpeg

Holy crap! This has to be the best food I never knew existed. Immediately upon seeing this I went online and ordered a bag!

If you like Green Tea you'll like it. It tastes like Green Tea with chunks of Chocolate in it.

12 mini-sized for $11.49? Wow! Either of you find a better deal?

I didn't, but I used credit card points to buy it, so it was technically free for me :smile: . If it is as good as I hope (here I go building the expectations already), then I will definitely need to find a cheaper source.

I had a friend who brought it back along with a ton of other candy on one of his trips back from Japan. He teaches English as a Second language over there. He brought me a bunch of weird things from there.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    sweeten with stevia packets
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Brew as directed.

Hot water, cup, green tea.. all of that.

Let it sit.

Go to coffee pot, pour cup of coffee.

Dump the tea.

Enjoy the coffee..

(I really do enjoy tea too. Just offering a new variation)
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options

green-tea-kitkat.jpeg

These are sooo yummy. I bought a bag last year and ate the whole thing in one go.

Matcha flavoured goodies are super good :happy:
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Honey or agave nectar.

Also make sure you don't over-steep green tea or steep it in too hot water or it was taste bitter and nasty as heck.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the ingredients to the Lipton tea ( WATER, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), GREEN TEA, NATURAL FLAVOR, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), PHOSPHORIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), ASPARTAME, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, CITRUS PECTIN, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR)
    I'm somewhat new to clean eating but what I have found to be widely agreed upon was the fewer ingredients more than likely the better it is for you. And if you can't pronounce many of the ingredients its probably not so good haha. I may be wrong with that as well. I really like the Lipton tea and not so much the brewed tea from home. So are these ingredients things to stay away from or won't do so much harm? I guess I should also add the bottled tea I've been buying is the diet version.

This is nonsense. Being able to pronounce ingredients has nothing to do with nutritional value.
  • Klementyne
    Options
    Don't use full boiling water and don't let it steep for more than 2 minutes. Also, try white tea - it has pretty much the same properties as green tea but is less bitter.
  • pamleac
    pamleac Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Phosphoric Acid is found in soda pop as well. Over time, it's not good for the enamel on your teeth.
    I steer clear of Aspartame.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I use one of those iced-tea brew machines to make my green tea. I set it to the "weak" setting and it's perfect -- no scalding the leaves, no bitter taste, tea is cold and refreshing as soon as it's made. I never could manage to hand-brew the stuff correctly.
  • suska007
    suska007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make green tea, refrigerate it and use it in smoothies. Everything else will help mask the taste. Also your tatste buds will adjust every 2-3 weeks. If you can drink it for that long, it may start to taste good (or at least tolerable).
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Are you brewing the tea the way it is supposed to be ?
    Green tea is brewed with water that is not boiling ( unlike black tea ) and only steeped for about 30 seconds. If one uses boiling water and steeps longer, the tea usually gets really bitter.
    In Japan most people use a tea bag or leaves several times , increasing the brewing time each time by about 30 seconds.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I mix xylitol in mine
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Keep drinking it and get used to enjoying the bitter taste. We are over-conditioned to sweeten EVERYTHING. Green tea tastes great, it just requires an adjustment period if you are used to drinking sweetened beverages.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    honey and lemon or add a little bit of a juice you like.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I know its supposed to be really good for your health and for weightloss but I just couldn't drink it of course unless its the bottled kind. Any suggestions?

Mix it with Canada Dry Gingerale.
  • Honourandjesstice
    Options
    I add a wedge of Lemon :)
    ...yummy
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Harney and SOns Cherry Blossom Green Tea... yum. A little fruity, but subtle. Tastes a little like Hubba Bubba gum. Doesn't need sugar, in my opinion, and never tastes bitter, even when my water is too hot (I think 175 is recommended for this tea), or I let it steep too long.

The brand at Costco is also good, but has a stronger flavor, but not bitter. Tastes like vegetables to me, but I liked it after a few cups.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I drink jasmine green every day. I love it. I don't add any sweetener. Eventually, you will adjust to the lack of sweetener.
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you like bottles citrus green tea, why don't you try some lemon juice and a little honey or Stevia in it.

I also do not like the taste of green tea, so I don't drink it.

ETA: I also heard you can introduce yourself to green tea by making it with one green tea bag and one regular tea bag. As you get used to the taste, omit the regular tea bag.