Can you tell a difference?

Options

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I see a difference. Your torso is slimmer. Whatever you're doing is working, so keep it up. :smile:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I can't quite see a difference yet, but you've already lost 8 lbs and are on the right track. I wanted to mention, make sure you take measurements as well. When the scale stops moving, measurements are a great way to gauge further success. Also, add in a side picture :-)
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yep, I can see it it around your middle, mostly on your sides!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    hey guys doing this mainly as always hard to judge yourself i think, please be brutally honest with me, i will NOT be offended <3 im still continuing, this is really just to see if my hard work is paying off!

BEFORE
    before_zpsd76cd2d7.jpg

AFTER
    after_zps6f9685f8.jpg

Nope. All I see is 2 red Xs.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Good work, keep it up!
  • thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much for the honesty! Ive lost 8lbs since started but its been slow. Ill work harder and come back with better results soon :). Will also take different types of pictures etc :) thanks again
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Your stomach and sides look smaller and your shoulders look bigger. With respect to the shoulders, I can't tell if it's from the difference in lighting though.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Before and after what...before happiness? lol. You look happy in the last pic! That's a good start. If we're talking about body wise to be brutally honest because I know many will coddle here...and since you're open to criticical I'm going to say in the nicest way, no. I don't see a difference.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    yes!! definitely a difference. im not just saying that either....less pudge around the waist is what I see. so keep up the great work cuz its paying off. good luck!!
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Lol well I guess happiness is a good thing.. lol. In regards to shoulders being bigger. I dont aim to get smaller in arms etc as I weightlift 5 days a week. So hopefully more muscular and less fat will start to show :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I could see a difference. Less "overhang" near the middle of your tummy! Keep at it. :flowerforyou:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    The after looks waaaay better due to happy. Feeling better + working out + watching what you eat = results. Maybe hard to see now, but in a few months there will be a big visible change.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Lol well I guess happiness is a good thing.. lol. In regards to shoulders being bigger. I dont aim to get smaller in arms etc as I weightlift 5 days a week. So hopefully more muscular and less fat will start to show :)
    Arm progress is hard to see in the stance that you're in. I suggest taking a few progress pictures in different stances, flexed. Back flex, front flex, and make sure you can see your legs. You may want to take some scantily clad ones so you can see differences in your butt etc to keep for yourself. From the same angle, so things aren't skewed.

What kind of weight lifting are you doing (stronglifts, nrol, 5x3x1)?
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Im doing microcycles for strength. I do that as it gets the heart rate up better. I wish I took pics a month or 2 back as my arms are alot more defined when tensed
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    keep up the good work! yes you can definitely tell you are toning up nicely especially around the middle, have you taken measurements such as hips, waist etc? i find that's the best way for me to tell whether i am on the right track :)
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this the wrong way:

The difference is quite slight in the love handle area. I, personally, can't see a huge difference in the other places.

From a weight perspective I'm sure you've made a lot of progress, so keep it up. However, visually, the biggest factor of seeing a difference comes from body composition. Continue the journey and keep up the good work man, seriously.
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It's a slight dif but you can see more definition in your abs and your sides are smaller
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I could see a difference. Less "overhang" near the middle of your tummy! Keep at it. :flowerforyou:

I agree - I think a side view would show the difference more. There is less shadow right around the belly button.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Yeah I know its not a big difference if one at all. I posted it to basically get honesty and thats what I have gotten. I havent been brilliant with calories but have been with exercise and weight training. Time to get 100% on it and I have taken many different pics and will retake in a month :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're a thousand times more adorable when you're smiling, so make sure you do that a lot. :happy:
    Also, it is definitely coming off your waist, but you need to keep at it to really get that progress going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!