BodyMedia Armband Core 2 - HRM release date??

Options
I found a video online from one of those computer "expos" with BodyMedia there. A representative SAID ON CAMERA that the new armband is to be released in August 2013. (video taken in Jan I think) All Bodymedia is saying on their FB page is "fall". So I posted the link on their Facebook page, explaining that their REP SAID August! No response...within 15 seconds, my post was deleted. hmmmm I wasn't rude, I was just asking!! lol

Plus, I wanna know how much the "sold separately" HRM band is going to be. It's NOT built into the new band, not to mention, it kinda looks uncomfortable!! LOOK!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2v4pf9XiIU

Replies

• boxtor
    boxtor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You mean that something announced at CES doesn't ship on time? Shocking, never happens.

I'd guess it would be soon. The 20-25% off specials they are running in August may be to clear out inventory before announcing a new product.
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes its driving me nuts because my subscription ran out and I do not want to extend it if the Core 2 will include it
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have emailed bodymedia.com twice, and they said they will send out an email because they know how excited we are lol
    I am getting inpatient lol
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. I'm tired of their crap.

I'm hesitant to replace my existing band with this one now. It must be a terrible device if they're not able to give us a release date. What could possibly take this long to bring it to market? They're acting very sketchy and I don't like it.
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    tagging
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My device is on it's last leg.. Holding parts in with tape. I wish they'd just hurry up and let us know something
  • gtrogue
    Options
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Core 2. I have a feeling Jawbone is going to kill it or delay it as long as possible so it doesn't compete with it's other products or until they integrate its technology into a Jawbone product.
    I have been told by Bodymedia that the Core 2 will not be out for the holiday season (ie, not this year) and that I should instead take a look at the "great" UP line of products from Jawbone.
    So Bodymedia people are now pushing me towards UP as a replacement for my old Link armband. Not good.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    why is the core 2 better besides it being smaller? I want to buy something that will track my calories burn sleep etc..

do u think the link is better than core why or why not? :smile:
  • adgeman
    adgeman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think it's fallen victim to the Jawbone purchase. I would be very surprised if we don't see a new device which combines the wrist element of Jawbone with the tech of Bodymedia. I think it's very telling that the Link is now $30 off and comes with 12 months subscription for free on their website. That sounds like a clear-out sale.
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The link is $49 right now at 24 Hour Fitness. That's pretty crazy.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    s that the core2?
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I wanted a Link, but now I'm wondering if I should just look at the UP products for Jawbone? I'm so confused. :grumble:
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Who is Link by?..
  • Randyelgin
    Randyelgin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought the UP24 and sending it back. I've had the bodymedia armband for so long that I don't want something on my wrist 24/7. It's a nice device and yet gets snagged on things and is bothersome. I really hope that the core 2 will be realized in the near future.