Breakfast ideas...

Options
dutchman24
dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
Looking for ideas to vary my breakfasts. Quite often I make eggs or oatmeal or maybe a homemade bran muffin, but my breakfasts are getting boring.

Replies

• angie2mae
    angie2mae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is to make myself a protein waffle! I do one egg white in a bowl, then add about 50 grams of Kodiak pancake mix, and then a half cup of frozen blueberries. I add water to thin it a bit and mix it all together. Throw it in a waffle iron and it makes one big Belgian waffle! I like to top it with a couple tablespoons lite cool whip and a swirl of light syrup
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You could always make some savory oats, or some savory cottage cheese/oats. Those are some of my favorites
  • serenacapricorn
    serenacapricorn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make turkey or chicken burgers on the George Foreman grill and have that with kroger multiseed carbmaster bread and laughing cow cheese triangles. You could add lettuce tomato mustard and onion etc if you want. I make the chicken or turkey patties extra sagey to mimic the sausage I like.
  • squidpip
    squidpip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My treat breakfast at the weekends is wholemeal toast with banana and a drizzle of maple syrup. Or homemade hash brown, sliced avocado and a poached egg.
  • Xierrax
    Xierrax Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to switching up your oatmeal by adding different ingredients. My go-to is simply banana and cinnamon but recently I switched it up by adding almond butter, pumpkin-, hemp and chia seeds. Or you could add different fruits, make it chocolatey...

Otherwise, I eat chickpea pitas for a larger breakfast, sometimes after I exercise. It's just a pita/wrap + roasted chickpeas + beetroot tzatziki (normal tzatziki works too; the beetroot one is made by mixing yogurt with finely chopped boiled beets, cucumber, mint, dill and a bit of lemon) and some salad.

Alternatively, today I've just roasted some sweet potato slices and had them with almond butter and some strawberries.

Chia pudding is also an option if you prep it the night before and that's your thing. Could include similar ingredients as your oatmeal.
  • drtradecraft
    drtradecraft Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here is my breakfast mealplan for each day this week.

Bowl of fat free granola (with 1-2% milk, cashews, figs and fresh berries), bottle of water, high grade omega-3’s

Omelet (2:1 egg white to whole egg ratio), (with spinach, tomatoes, and onions), paprika hashbrowns, glass of 1-2% milk,

Coco choco oatmeal blended with shredded coconut, almond extract, a banana and a bit of cocoa powder, scrambled eggs (2:1 egg white to whole egg ratio), glass of 1-2% mil

Whole wheat pita with scrambled eggs (2:1 egg white to whole egg ratio), (with Canadian bacon, spinach, bell peppers, salsa, low fat cottage cheese), glass of 1-2% milk

Apple spice oatmeal (with sliced apple, walnuts and cinnamon, low fat Greek yogurt with oats), glass of 1-2% milk

Turkey sausage with sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms, whole wheat toast, scrambled eggs (2:1 egg white to whole egg ratio), glass of 1-2% milk

Breakfast burrito on a whole wheat wrap (2:1 egg white to whole egg ratio), (with fat free cheese, black beans, salsa, green peppers and onions), glass of 1-2% mil
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    breakfast burrito - your preference wrap, eggs, bacon and veggies
    english muffin sandwich- whole grain muffin or low calorie muffin, egg, you choice of meat and cheese

greek yogurt, fruit your choice

boiled eggs, bacon and one slice of whole grain toast

scrambled eggs, your choice of meat and protein shake

i keep it simple
  • patlynnfor
    patlynnfor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast at least twice a week. It takes me a long while to finish it, and seems to help me get thru the morning without being hungry. One apple, cored, leave peel on, and sliced in a bowl. Stir one container of Lite and Fit Coconut Greek yogurt and spoon over the apple sliced. Scoop one-fourth cup of granola cereal and sprinkle over the yogurt. I pull a slice and dip into the yogurt and granola and it's like a dessert!
    Nature’s Valley Granola - .25 cup – 105 calories
    Honey Crisp apple – 72 calories
    Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt – 80 calories
    Total - 257
  • cougmantx
    cougmantx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs with 4 oz of homemade Turkey breakfast sausage.
    Old-fashioned oats with berries and a variety of seeds
    Fruit smoothie with seeds, and organic plant-based protein powder.
    Roasted peppers, egg, jalapeño, and black bean breakfast burrito.
    Ezekiel's 4:9 low sodium bread with avocado and poached egg.
    I don't use salt in anything (blood pressure) and make many sauces homemade so that I know what is in them.
  • janetamarquis
    janetamarquis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try eggwhites on low calorie toast with a slice of tomato. Another option for my breakfast is low calorie toast with two slices of low fat cheese. If I cannot find lowfat cheese, I use cheese slices made with skim milk. Add a slice of tomato or bell pepper.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I keep saying that I'm gonna be more creative with breakfast

And then I have the same English muffin with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light with a Protein Shake
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to find a nice egg bake recipe so I can prep over the weekend and freeze portions for during the week. I think with veggies and seasonings it would help me get out of my rut of eating the same thing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    Try breakfast from another culture. Asian breakfasts are often clear soup with noodles such as Vietnamese pho. A typical middle eastern breakfast is shakshuka.
  • ShortguyFitness
    ShortguyFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try one cup of oats, 1 serving of peanut butter, and one scoop of your favorite protein and your choice of sugar alternative.