Belly Fat Cure

Options
mommy2js
mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
So, I am a big fan of the Flat Belly Diet. My friend recently bought the book Belly Fat Cure and has been doing it lately. It is similar to Flat Belly Diet, but just basically watching your sugar and carb intake. Anyone tried it? My friend (who is fit and doesn't need to lose much) said she definitely lost in the first week, so that's encouraging as some diets don't do well if you don't have much to lose. I am in need of a pick me up to push me through the last few pounds and think I will try it. If you have tried it, let me know what you think.

Replies

• scrapitup
    scrapitup Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm haven't read the book, but I cut out carbs and watched my sugar and I have totally seen my stomach and belly shrink! It's amazing!
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    what about sugar from fruit? bananas are a weakness for me. I have one with some peanut butter after I work out.
  • msblanc
    msblanc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it and don't have much to lose. Never counted carbs or sugar before so this is new to me. Definetly noticed a difference in a week. The only thing is I used to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and didn't on this. 2 grams of sugar in brocolli. Unbelievable! It takes some getting used to.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Me too! I lost weight on weight watchers but couldn't lose the last ten pounds until I saw this book and started counting sugar! I try to stay under the 15 grams a day like Jorge Cruise advises and have finally lost more weight!! He also says in his book that your body does not know the difference between natural sugar and processed sugar and metabolizes it the same way. So, yes, I have cut out fruit since I learned a banana was an entire day's worth of sugar!
  • msblanc
    msblanc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do miss fruit but will incorporate back into my diet once I'm where I want to be.
  • jen76love
    Options
    Limiting sugar is essential to my weight loss. Try getting most of your carbs from leafy greens. They make a lot of low-carb foods that are pretty tasty too.