Diet for better hair/skin

Options
From experience, has a change in your diet improved the appearance of your skin/hair?

If so, then what food(s) helped with these changes?

Replies

• emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely. I eat lots of blueberries and tomatoes which are great anti-oxidants. Healthy fats are good too like nuts, avocados and olive oil. I also have been drinking Shakeology and taking a pre-natal vitamin, which is probably assisting too. I've noticed over the past month that I've been eating healthier that my hair is smoother and shinier. My finger nails are also growing super fast.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance which was the cause of my damaged, dull hair and horrible skin. I started eating a low carb diet with a lean meat, drinking more water and properly portion control my foods. You can see in my profile photos has it has changed my skin and hair color. If anything, just try to eat healthier and it will work itself out.

Make sure you go to the doctor to be certain there isn't an underlying condition.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Definitely for me too. My hair is longer than it's ever been and my hairdresser even remarked how incredibly fast it's been growing. My skin also looks really nice. I can't attribute these changes to a specific food, but rather a combination of eating really healthy choices, getting a lot of water and being more active.
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Ive improved my eating habits and have introduced healthy whole foods but Im still low on my veg intake so need to up that...Cant wait to see an improvement :)
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance which was the cause of my damaged, dull hair and horrible skin. I started eating a low carb diet with a lean meat, drinking more water and properly portion control my foods. You can see in my profile photos has it has changed my skin and hair color. If anything, just try to eat healthier and it will work itself out.

Make sure you go to the doctor to be certain there isn't an underlying condition.

wow you can definately see that your skin is has a glow. When you say you are on a low carb diet, What is it in terms of percentages? I am currently on a 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat diet.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My skin isn't much different, but my nails are growing like crazy and much stronger than usual. I'm not sure, but I think my hair is in better shape as well (I have it up 99% of the time so I don't notice changes there very well).
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Exercise, which increases blood flow to your hair, skin and nails has a lot to do with making it look healthier and grow faster. Being adequately hydrated and making sure that you're getting enough good fat in your diet will help as well.