Scale won't budge...

Options
I know I'm not the first person to be confounded by a needle that refuses to move, but I want to ask what people recommend to keep up momentum when you hit a wall.

I was losing weight at a steady pace (down about 22 lbs since May) and suddenly I just can't drop another ounce.

Some details on me:
- Eating 1200-1400 calories per day
- Exercising 3-4 times per week (50 minutes cardio + 15 minutes weights)
- BMI around 23.5
- BMR around 1550

So what has worked for you to kick start weight loss? I'm thinking about eating at maintenance for a few days to see if that shakes me loose. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat under your BMR, the calories needed to survive in a coma, and expect good results?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You have the right idea, but I'd do maintenance for a week or two
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I would switch your calories to maintain calories for a few weeks and than drop down to a deficit. I wouldn't eat under your BMR. I always net my BMR and lose weight each week.

Don't forget to switch up your exercise now and again.

Also, ensure you are tracking correctly. Use measuring cups/spoons for liquids and kitchen scale for all food. Don't guess portions always measure them out. Make sure you track everything (cream/milk/sugar in coffee/tea, dressing, sauces, oil used when cooking, etc).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories. With all of the work you're doing, your body may need more nutrients. I like to use this analogy: A car won't go anywhere without gas, and neither will your body. It needs fuel.