Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Automatically assign meal names (e.g., lunch) based on time frames I can set - Premium-only

Options
bikrrr
bikrrr Posts: 7 Member
Since my eating schedule is consistent day to day, I'd love to be able to set time periods for each meal type. This would make it so I never have to enter a meal type. They'd just be automatically set based on time. For example:
  • 12am–11am = Breakfast
  • 11am–4pm = Lunch
  • 4pm–7pm = Dinner
  • 7pm–12am = Snacks
Actually, I don't really care for the "Snacks" category, so it'd be great if I could set "Dinner" to 4pm-12am and not entering any times for "Snacks" and it'd just remove that grouping.

I'm a Premium subscriber, mainly so I can record food timestamps. And since I do, there's less need to assign a meal type ("breakfast"), though I do like how it helps organize the day view.
Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    I love this idea @bikrrr - here's how I handle it: You can go into your Diary settings to reassign the meal names as well as add/remove meals.

So while we don’t have a time-based preference for the meal, how it sounds like you’d like your Diary to be labeled can be setup.

Best of luck with your health and fitness goals!
  • bikrrr
    bikrrr Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, Hudson. I just removed "Snacks", so that should help a little. But still would love the automatic meal times.

BTW, I actually tried to remove all meal types, but looks like at least one is required. I guess if I wanted to simplify, I could create a single one called "Food". 😆

The other pain point is when I accidentally log an item in the wrong meal type, it's tedious to fix (you have to edit that item). It'd be easier if I could just tap and hold on an item (to put it in drag-n-drop mode) and then move it to another meal group.
  • AlbionKelly
    AlbionKelly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally agree @bikrrr , having the meal category auto-default based on timeframes I determine would make daily logging much quicker — cuz let’s be honest, we don’t always remember or have time to log at the point of eating :)