Options
Plz :/ tell me or tell me what’s good to eat
Tagged:

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Question is too vague and general.

Eat anything that, in total, gives you an overall reasonably balanced diet and eat to the calorie level MFP gives you when you put your stats in to the calculator.

Of course don't eat anything you are allergic to or that contravenes any medical conditions you have.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,894 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I suggest preferentially to consume nutrient dense whole foods, whatever they may be, which can also take some time to figure out, but the bottom line is that you enjoy what your eating. Also keep in mind that any alternative diet, pretty much, will trump the Standard American Diet in the respect of improvements in bio markers related to health and where the confusion lies and the focus on which whole foods to eat in the respect that, is one diet better than another. Those comparable kind of studies will never, ever be done to parse out longevity and mortality, so the choice as the direction you take is pretty much as good as any.

I'm a meat eater and low carb, others may be vegetarian or vegan and consume higher carbs while others will say to follow the Med diet or carnivore. Bottom line as far as I'm concerned is to replace nutrient sparse and calorie dense carbohydrates that have been reduced to powders (white flour as an example) and where sugar, seed oils/fats and salt have been added to emphasize the pleasurable effect that has on people in general.

For example consumption of ultra processed foods have moved up from 53% to around 57% of calories consumed while at the same time whole foods have gone down from 32% to 27% in the same time period.

https://sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/10/211014102038.htm

I personally believe this has helped me be in the best metabolic health I've ever had according to my health markers and my Dr and maintain my weight effortlessly. I'm not on any medication but do take some precautions with adding a few vitamins and minerals and I'm about to turn 70. This is just my opinion.

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Less.