Adding food to list

Options
It's been a while since I've tried to add a food that isn't on the list. Are we no longer able to do this? The food is on the food database but the portion size is completely off and its too tough maths to work out what I'd need to enter to get the right amount. The portion size on the data base is 1.4kg but that calorie amount is only for 250g. I'll probably only eat 100-150g. I tried to report the food but that doesn't let you correct the problem. I did a search for this question but the one I found the answer was a link that lead to a website not found.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    You can change (edit) them as long as they aren't green check-marked. Those are not changeable. So you would need to find another entry or create a New Food.

I only know how to do it on the Web version, so if you're trying to do it on an app, it may not be possible -many things aren't.

On the web, find the food. Click the green "Nutrition Info" button. On the pop-up, click "No" and then "Edit." Make your changes and save.
  • Vicky_609
    Vicky_609 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It wasn't green but I couldn't edit it. It took me a bit but I figured out how to add a new food. This app used to be so easy to use.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Vicky_609 wrote: »
    Thanks. It wasn't green but I couldn't edit it. It took me a bit but I figured out how to add a new food. This app used to be so easy to use.

The web version hasn't changed and it's still easy. My instructions were for the WEB version, not the app.

I gave up on the app years ago. :lol:
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can add food in the "my foods" section, and from there you can add it to your diary.