Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

REMOVE ADS THAT HAVE SOUND

Options
So I'm sitting in a meeting at work. Opened MyFitnessPal to log my breakfast when suddenly it switched to an ad that was about a bra. And it had SOUND. An excited woman talking about how great her bras are. THIS IS COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that you have added ads with sound. It makes it very dangerous for users to open this app. Now we have to be careful of time and place. I understand you need ads to run your business but they should NEVER have sound. So disappointed with your decision to do this. Please remove ads with sound ASAP.
18 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• joemonteNJ
    joemonteNJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got the same bra ad….. and the audio was loud and annoying…. And I’m a man….. who doesn’t wear or buy bras lol
  • GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The aggressive advertising tactics are too much for me. I’m going to switch to another app
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    lol sitting at a meeting and instead of paying attention, you're logging your food? Ads keep the app FREE. You have options like turning your sound off and logging your food in AFTER your meeting.
    IMO the biggest complainers of a FREE app are those that want everything FREE their way. NOTHING is free. There are things that come along with it. You should be content that you have a way to log without having to physically write it out each time and try to calculate the calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to log food without drawing my friend's attention to it because they are all varying degrees of just. Bad with the subject of weight loss. Ranging from "you don't have to change, finish my food!!" to "oh cool I'm going to track calories too now but get really mad if I have one cheese and accuse you of thinking I'm a big ugly monster woman that eats 3 horses a day even though my BMI is NORMAL."

Guess I better prepare a response for, "What are you watching? Is that a new game?"
  • blondesaurus72
    blondesaurus72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very sad to see how ugly the app has become. I don’t mind a few ads, but now they are just incredibly annoying and I shouldn’t have to fight through 3 ads to log my scrambled eggs. I get that you want people to use the premium but it’s ridiculously expensive for what you get. Drop it down to 4.99 a month and maybe you’d get more users without having to run them off with ads.
  • andaas
    andaas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with blondesaurus72. I do understand the need for ads to support the free app, but they have become annoying to the degree that I have considered premium. However, $80/year is not worth the value provided.

MFP would probably get a much larger uptake to premium at $5/month; hell, even offer a short-time promotion and I'd buy in. Not at $80 though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    It's weird. I don't have premium and I don't fight thru any ads when logging in. I use an android so don't know if that makes a difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png