My progress so far

Options
TonyNeedstolooseweight
TonyNeedstolooseweight Posts: 50 Member
edited August 2022 in Success Stories
So... I have problems with mental illness , im diagnosed Borderline personality disorder from the age of 18 and im now 33. Since i had a break down at 18 ive always struggled with my weight as a adult , as a teen i was naturally fit and healthy with low body fat , but as the years progressed it got worse , i ballooned up to 24 stone and i did something about it and lost half my body weight , then i had another set back in my life and it all came back when i went back to fast food.
NOW i am a freaking machine excuse my French , i am almost 1 month into my lifestyle change and im loving it , i wake up at the crack of dawn hit my multigym and hit the treadmill , i could barely do 5 minutes at the start , im now on 50 minutes a day at 2.0mph (walking) , i had serve back pain i couldn't walk to far and now thanks to me rehabilitating myself in gradual steps im pain free , yep PAIN FREE.
So i've literally gone from eating 5000-6000 calories a day , to 2100 calories a day sometimes lower , i no longer drink sugary drinks and my snacking is fully managed as well as my cravings , (fibre ones amazing) , ive gone from doing no exercise to walking 3 to 4 times a day and weight lifting 3 times a day , i am crushing it.

Feel free to hit me up :)

Total weightloss for this month is 14 pounds :)

Replies

• PeachTye
    PeachTye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go rockstar! Keep up the consistency. Glad that you are feeling good about your progress
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I suffer from depression and anxiety and my daughter is diagnosed BPD and working out helps us both so much. The thing that gets us to the gym is thinking about how we’re going to feel after.

I am less consistent than she is but I’m the more I focus on being kind and caring with myself the more I want to take carw of myself.

And you and your story are so inspiring!

Keep it up! And keep sharing! 🌸
  • Life_On_The_Lake
    Life_On_The_Lake Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @TonyNeedstolooseweight Very well done on your progress so far, the mental strength gains appear to be absolutely incredible. A strong body = strong mind and vice versa and you are well on your way my friend.

My advice for what it is worth, is continue to be proud of yourself (especially over the little things) although it is great to have family, friend, community support do not allow the voice of others to be louder than your own inner voice.

Like a massive 50,000 piece puzzle - if you want to complete it you will just have to do work on it 1 piece at a time, do not give up, some days you will do more pieces than others and eventually you will complete it. The key is to enjoy the process and when you are feeling good and strong do more on those days and when you are feeling down and out it is ok to not work on it, just do not give up or trash the puzzle . . rest and get back at it when you have the energy.

Goodluck, but if you continue to inspire yourself you will not need it :)
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and inspiring and I am so happy for you that you are feeling great. I would focus on the feeling great part and do the exercise and continue the healthy eating because you have found that there is cause and effect between the two. Enjoy the side benefit of weight loss, but don’t focus on that too much, the benefits will come but sometimes not in a linear fashion = sometimes weight loss plateaus for a moment while your body readjusts to all the great changes you are making, and then we see people writing here saying they are discouraged. But it is wonderful that you have found a routine that you enjoy and that works well for you and seems sustainable long term. If you ever find yourself burning out on elements of it don’t be afraid to mix it up a bit and check back in and tell us what is working for you next. These sorts of great stories make everyone better.
  • JoshIsRunning
    JoshIsRunning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I struggle with depression and anxiety, and sometimes it is crippling. I have found regular exercise helps tremendously. I also take Ashwagandha as a supplement, and it helps keep me calm. Keep doing what you're doing and don't ever quit!
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! Congrads to you, for goodness sake don't get off that path, it is so hard to get back on that exercise path once you waiver....I am trying to get back to it, so I loved your story! You are so worth it!!
  • TonyNeedstolooseweight
    Options
    hey guys , i posted this a while ago didn't get any replies so i forgot about it , but thanks all , still going strong :) 20 pounds off now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!