Comeback

Options
Everyone loves a comeback story and this is mine I experienced heart failure and my vision was gone but now it’s coming back slowly I’m working out just like I used to and now I’m cooking I’m working on getting back to my old self let’s hear your voice and let’s encourage one another

Replies

• lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! It is never too late to make a difference, one day at a time. You will get there and it is ok if it takes a while. The main goal is to keep going and never give up! Stay strong!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great!!!
  • Deborah108
    Deborah108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lost 35 lbs in 2020. Didn't know how to eat once my weight loss goals were achieved so gained back 15. Now back on track and I think I know how to eat. Sweet tooth and binging - hoping they are out the door for the most part.
  • Hollis300
    Hollis300 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Gomez1013 wrote: »
    Everyone loves a comeback story and this is mine I experienced heart failure and my vision was gone but now it’s coming back slowly I’m working out just like I used to and now I’m cooking I’m working on getting back to my old self let’s hear your voice and let’s encourage one another

Your comeback after serious illness is wonderful. The body is a great healer if we give it a chance. Thumbs up!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    Gomez1013 wrote: »

I'm Congestive Heart Failure. I'm so glad to see how well you are doing!! I didn't really cook before CHF, but I do now. NOT as much as some, but I do. No doubt you have a ways to go? I DO!! I am down 119 lbs, with another maybe 20 to 30 lbs at the very most to lose.

We all need support around keeping not only our hearts as healthy as we can, but everything else. I am a leader on the 2022 Fall 5% Challenge. Here's what it is about:
    Join this supportive team and let's have fun as we lose 5% of our weight, make new friends and improve our health! Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. JOIN us to write your own success story!

Come and join us!! Seven teams still have openings. NO DOUBT the team you pick will love to hear your story ,, see your courage, and your success!! Even if one has no weight to lose, and wants to maintain this challenge is great!!

Here's the link hoping you'll look at us. After you click on JOIN Please pick a team 💡💡Start Here Team Choice - You Must Choose a Team💡💡

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-team-plz-join-us
  • JoshIsRunning
    JoshIsRunning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! It's inspiring that you're not allowing a serious illness keep you back. Keep crushing it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!