Losing a stone

Options
My goal is ideally to lose a stone to get back to my previous weight of 8st 6lbs. I currently weigh 9st 5lbs and in the 3 weeks using Myfitnesspal, i have only lost 2lbs.

I am consuming 1200 calories a day and doing cardio excercises 2/3 times a week for 45 minutes.

How can I ensure that I am on the right track to weight loss?
How would I make sure I stay on the healthy eating habits?

I am also scared that by excercising i am increasing muscle, making the my weight stay at the same rate!

Also, I would like to lose the weight within 2/3 months, so that I have reached my goal by XMAS!!!

HELP!

UNexperienced dieter

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If anything, eating at such a low deficit will make you LOSE muscle. Regardless, gaining muscle is a good thing. The scale might say a higher number but why would this matter? Nobody knows this number but you and you will look a LOT better than being 'skinny fat' as so many people call it.

Are you eating back your exercise calories?
    2lbs is three weeks isn't bad though. You should be happy with those results, but know that the results would likely improve if you upped your calories a bit.
  • ravvykaur
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply!

I haven't been eating back my exercise calories at all as I havent been logging exercise.

I guess i should start back the calories but i always think that this is counterproductive?

Also, if it helps to know I am still eating biscuits / chocolate / pizza but making sure that I don't go over my calorie count.

Ravvy
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's not counterproductive. Myfitnesspal sets your calories at a deficit (in your case 1,200 which is the lowest possible, which is too low IMO) so any exercise you do is working towards your overall health/fitness. When you exercise, eat back at least 1/2 of the calories and enjoy the extra food. You'll still be eating at a deficit regardless, and since you're already eating at the lowest you should go, it's even more important that you eat those calories back.