Optislim query re calorie count

Options
Hi Guys,

New to this and am trying to do the right thing but l have a question and am hoping someone might know the answer.

I have just started using Optislim VLCD chocolate and on the box it says using 3 shakes for your 3 meals equates to 800 calories a day.
However when using the My Fitness pal calorie counter the product comes up showing 150 calories per serve which would equate to 450 for the 3 meals. As l want to keep an accurate track can anyone advise which one is correct?

Thanks Lexisassy:blushing:

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Go by what the product listed on the box. This database is populates with stuff members put in as well as stuff that is pulled from the market/websites etc. Some of the information can be incorrect. :D
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Is this the product you are taking ?

http://www.optislim.com.au/modules/mastop_publish/?tac=VLCD_Shakes_Chocolate_more_info

If so, the website do state it is 150 calories per serve / 450 per day if taking 3.

Maybe they are recommending to do the shakes with milk or add something, which would bring up the number of calories ?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    liquid diets, not good IMHO. Dangerous, please make sure you have some kind of solid food daily, something with lots of fiber. You need it, with no fat coming in (2 g per shake, that's only 6 grams per day) you risk your gallbladder shutting down, that's very dangerous as it sometimes never recovers (my wife did the same type of diet in college and lost her gallbladder, it's common on this type of diet). Not to mention getting all your micro nutrients in liquid form usually means at least some of them are never processed. Be extremely careful, I would never recommend something like this for any more than a couple of days. The human body is designed to process solid food. That's all I'll say about it. Good luck, and try to be safe.
  • jeanineadele
    jeanineadele Posts: 114
    Options
    I have to agree. I have never meant anyone who did a liquid diet and kept the weight off.
  • lexisassy
    lexisassy Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Guys for clearing up any confusion l may have had re calorie counting........and yes l agree about the dangers of liquid diets so only intended to kick start my diet for the 1st week and am also eating solids also.
    I have made several attempts at trying to shed post preganancy weight and my metabolism just wouldnt kick in.... so thought this might just give my body a kick start before being a wee bit more sensible.
    Thanks Lexisassy:flowerforyou: