Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Barcode Scanner

Options
Cumberlandman
Cumberlandman Posts: 1 Member
Requiring a premium membership to use the barcode scanner is a very bad idea in my opinion. I've been using my fitness pal long before UA bought them out. I'll tolerate some level of advertisement but not eliminating the barcode scanner and placing full page ads occasionally on the app. No, I'm not going to purchase a premium level. I'll simply look for another calorie/nutrition tracker. Sometimes getting too greedy bites you back.
101 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• dare2554
    dare2554 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are about to lose a very loyal customer and I know hundreds more people deleting your app because of your horrible business decision to make people pay to use the bar code scanner which has been free this whole time. I hope you reconsider your decision before October 1st
  • Foxotia
    Foxotia Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    This makes me really sad, MFP please don't make these changes.

I was extremely hopeful for the company and website as an entirety when I got to meet some of you through the user panel two years ago. I felt a lot of inclusivity and care with the people I met but I am heart-broken to hear that greed has overshadowed those memories. I've done nothing but speak highly of MFP with my family and peers as the best platform to use when trying to get healthier - not just losing weight. Barcode scanning is vital to its use and making this a premium-only feature is only going to steer people away to find something better, myself included.