Women 200lb+, Let's Be Sensational This September!!!

Options

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW September 2022: 186
    GW this month: 184
    Goal for 2022: reach maintenance (160-170?)

9/6 - 185.6
    9/15 -
    9/22 -
    9/29 -

Sep Loss: -0.4bs
    LTD: -85.5lbs

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted! I am here reading nearly every day but every time I think about drafting a post i have put it off.

My weight has been fluctuating up and down the same few pounds for several months now and I think I need to tighten up my logging. One of my challenges recently is that my MIL likes to keep a bowl of Cheetos and pretzels on the kitchen counter all day, every day. I can completely avoid the snacks if they are put away in the cabinet but I tend to graze on them when they are out. I have asked for them not to be left out (no go), I have asked for the bowl to be moved to her room (not a chance), and I even tried putting a lid on the bowl (lasted about 2 days). I think my next plan is to weigh and portion my own small bowl, log it and only eat those. Any suggestions are welcome because this is driving me crazy!

September Goals:
    🍂 Gym 4 days per week - the wife and I have been playing racquetball and going to Aqua Zumba. My mom just joined and I find myself trying to go extra to support her fitness goals too.
    🍂 Start walking weekday mornings again - The vet recommended sustained cardio exercise to keep my monster mutt healthy and it is just another motivation for me to brave the country wilderness and walk. I think the bobcats won't bother me with my 100lb dog by my side...
    🍂 Avoid the Cheeto/pretzel bowl
    🍂Post weigh-in and update on Thursdays

I am continually impressed with all of the ladies on this thread. You are all amazing and I love reading about your progress!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    One of my challenges recently is that my MIL likes to keep a bowl of Cheetos and pretzels on the kitchen counter all day, every day. I can completely avoid the snacks if they are put away Any suggestions are welcome because this is driving me crazy!

September Goals:
    I would hope your spouse could help to intervene for you but barring that maybe try to visualize a bunch of ants crawling among them! (If they are sitting out all day everyday, that may come true.)That should be a turn off!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Since I woke up and questioned my alarm going off because for a second I thought it was Saturday I'm making the best of the fact that I'm working now. Boo! But... here's my quick 5 minute break that I tend to take in the morning to check in.

I did a mid-week weigh in yesterday (I weigh on Saturdays) and I saw that I was up 4 lbs... I don't know why or how that could be so I assume something I ate was extra salty, my muscles were holding water or it's PMS. Could be any or all of the 3 so we'll see how Saturday morning looks. I also ate weirdly yesterday but my schedule was all over the place so these things happen. I did my morning walk, work stuff, took my daughter to Lego Club at the library (which was pretty cool actually) and still managed to get to Zumba in the evening.

Book Club updates for those that asked about books to read..... the book club is reading The Dead Romantics for September and it was pretty good. I enjoyed it and read the whole thing in under 4 hours. I just got comgy and did the whole thing in one sitting so a fairly quick read. It had an unexpected last chapter that I didn't see coming through the rest and I always like when it isn't quite what you expect to happen. Also, my neighborhood decided to start a book club so I'm also reading The Second Life of Mirielle West. I'm only a few chapters in but it's interesting so far. It's inspired by the real leprosy hospital that was in Louisiana and about someone sent to there and wants to desperately get back home to her family. It starts off in 1926.

Car is still at the shop and I'm terrified of what price tag this is going to cost. I'm really trying really hard not to let it get in my head or to eat everything while worrying. So far I'm not doing horribly but the longer it's in the shop the harder it is to stay the course.

@kenziestabes Under 185 for the concert is still fabulous! Life happens sometimes.

@tahitig Definitely want to see pics! I hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding. Nothing wrong with turtles. Slow and steady wins the race.

@KeriA Yay!!!!!! Congrats on accepting a job.

@sandielewis2001 Allowing yourself a single bowl that you can weigh and log sounds like a great way to live with the bowls of snacks around without going nuts. If I know there will be a bunch of snacks out I tend to do that and also have a second bowl with veggies & dip or something healthier so that I can keep snacking without going overboard… because I love to snack and having extra healthier stuff keeps me from going crazy.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    One of my challenges recently is that my MIL likes to keep a bowl of Cheetos and pretzels on the kitchen counter all day, every day. I can completely avoid the snacks if they are put away Any suggestions are welcome because this is driving me crazy!

September Goals:
    I would hope your spouse could help to intervene for you but barring that maybe try to visualize a bunch of ants crawling among them! (If they are sitting out all day everyday, that may come true.)That should be a turn off!

I may try that. The snacks are refreshed every morning and the bowl is usually empty by the end of the day. I usually try to tell myself they are going to be stale and not worth eating...
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    49 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277
    September goal: maintenance for now
    Ultimate Goal weight: 141 (normal BMI) No goal date, it happens when it happens.

1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8
    4/1 161.4
    5/1 156.8
    6/1 156.8
    7/1 153.0
    8/6 153.4
    9/1 149.2
    9/9 148.0

🕊️Recuperate from hives. If possible, continue fitness journey and always be thankful!.
    🕊️Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    🕊️Remember: Total loss of 129 lbs!!

I am not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I am peri-menopausal (with some serious water weight and brain fog issues) and I have been hypothyroid since a surgery I had when I was 22. So, for those ladies struggling with either of those weight impacting things, just know ((((hugs))) and be patient, and honest, and know water weight is crazy sometimes, but if you get that cico beast tamed.. It can be done. Not sure if that was any kind of pep speech. I am not good at them apparently, says enthusiastically "It can be done!" Did I sell it? Maybe it is the wording. "It all comes out in the wash!!"? Hmm, I will work on it.

If your CICO is total and honest - it's the water weight, and literally who cares about water weight? If it is water weight and not fat, then you are solid! Also, I do use milk thistle for out of control water weight issues, due to my angio-edema it can get out of control!! Last week I had monster face on my eyes, and they were so swollen I had to just sit - because my eyes were so swollen I was mostly blind! So yeah, milk thistle is helpful for that sort of thing.

I have been slogging it out with my general temptation towards laziness. The whole “spend hours cleaning the house every day” disrupted my walking/low impact workout schedule. I was so busy and constantly on my feet for hours and hours, that I haven’t been doing the dedicated workout. So now, it is like a battle up in here (in my head) and I can’t tell if I have been winning or losing. It is like on a minute by minute mental battle! Oh my goodness it is constant. A character flaw for sure because I remember being in my room as a kid when my Mom asked me to clean it, and I wouldn’t and couldn't leave the room until I did. Mental battle ensued, with me realizing it is so much easier and quicker to do the “thing” whatever it was that just being a general sloth. It is never worth it, and yet, here I am - with the same problem! Will I never get the best of this!! Logically I can work it out, but oh my will is utterly weak! Ugh!!

Having good habits is so wonderful. Backsliding, losing them and trying to pick them up again feels just as hard!! Wish me luck ladies, and if you are believer, pray to the Almighty God that he might have mercy on my horribly lazy soul!

Also, when I diligently dedicate time to the walk/low impact - such a difference for my mental state. The difference between depression vs. normal or insanity vs. sanity. It is that important for me.

When/if I lose 7 more pounds, I will be normal BMI!!! It is hard to believe, really. I never ever in my wildest dreams thought it was possible to lose this much weight. Behold, the power of math/CICO. So I am glad that I have worked on my maintenance skills, since that is the next constant, shark like battle I will be entering into (and truly I have already started on that constant mindset, with plans etc).

I would say that the skin is not as much of a sag fest as I thought it would be, except for the breast area, that is by far my worst area. Oh, and my arms. I didn’t like them at the higher weight, and I still hate my arms. Based on others who have been through this much lost weight, I really thought the worst area would be my stomach - but I guess every body really is different.
  • swimmom_1
    Options
    @justanotherloser007
    I am so proud of you! You are doing FANTASTIC!!!!! Just know that you are a GREAT inspiration to others. You are doing so much better than me. Breasts are made up mostly of Fat. That is why they end up sagging so bad when you lose. When I was down before, I described them as deflated balloons.

I back slid 30 lbs I'm trying to get back off again. I have to get off about 11 lbs just to get back to overweight again! I just don't process carbs the way your body is supposed to. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm still within my daily caloric amount. And now, since I found out I'm 2 inches shorter than I used to be, I have further to go to reach a normal BMI again. (But not less than where I was in 2010-2015.) I agree with you. My arms are what bothers me the most, right now. My stomach is my own fault that I haven't been doing crunches. It really improved my stomach last time.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I missed weigh in yesterday, but yesterday's was disappointing, where today's (probably a little dehydrated from alcohol at performance last night) is A NEW DECADE

🥳🎉179.6 🎉🥳

So because we make our own rules here, I'm going to go ahead annd count this for this week's weigh in. :lol:

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 9/1: 182.2
    9/2: 180.8 (-1.4)
    9/10: 179.6 (-1.2)
    9/16:
    9/23:
    9/30:

🍁 September Goals! 🍁

🍂 September GW: 179

🔴Log everything in grams ❌
    🔴Do at least three pole classes a week ✅
    🔴More than 100g protein every day ✅
    🔴 No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ✅
    🔴 At least 64oz of water a day ✅

Today is the gym, and cleaning/packing for Disney, so much to doooo. And lil baby gets her third shot today, and I get my updated booster tomorrow, and my mom is coming down..... BUSY!

I've clicked all your buttons, y'all have got this, and I love reading about all your successes and trials. No tag party today :( have a great day!
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • swimmom_1
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Mary 65, from Pennsylvania.
    Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22- 155 lbs
    4/1/22- 156.4 lbs :-( 4/6 & 4/7 most recent lowest weight 147.6 lbs.
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs :-(
    6/1/22- 152.2 lbs :-)
    7/1/22- 157.4 lbs :-(
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs :-(
    9/1/22- 175.2 lbs :-( Its been a bad few months. I've been eating too many carbs, including healthy ones.
    9/4/22- 175 lbs Back on the rails. Staying on track better this month so far. Today had a wedding that was planned in 2 weeks for a girl at work. They were going to get married on zoom and in 5-10 minutes of a conversation at a work party 2 weeks ago, it became a work party wedding. We all brought a covered dish and a coworkers husband married them a block from where they live by the river. Very hard to calculate calories but I think I did fairly well except for a piece of cake. But you have to sample the cake. Its required! LOL!

9/11/22- 173.6 lbs :-) Was off Fri, Sat & Sun. Did my Elliptical each day, 181-195 minutes for of 12.5+ miles each day.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Age 45
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 228.8
    GW for September 220
    UGW 145

9/01: 226.4
    9/8: 229 --ooph
    9/15:
    9/22:
    9/30:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day
    -LOG FOOD!
    -Try out custom meal plan

Last week I hadn't been on since I was off of work. Food not the best but high sodium with chinese. I had reordered something that didn't seem to give me a spike but this time it did.
    I did not get my custom meal plan yet so I will be looking at my other options to figure out one myself. Lately I've just been having 3 meals a day and maybe the afternoon snack so their meal plans expected for the program has a morning snack that I have trouble fitting in usually. Not that big of a deal but wanted something to follow for now.

HorrorHound convention was fun. Able to meet most of who we were going for on Friday during the first hour; early entry was great. Did the 2 long lines Sat with one of our photo ops. Yesterday morning was our last photo op and then just watched the panels then left after the last one. My smoothie plans were thrown out the window when that vendor wasn't there. I had picked up sandwiches to take with us so the food there was rather minimal to just Saturday Weight today is rather the same from Friday so that's good.

Now have to get it back down. Mom will be coming back next weekend so have to get things a bit straight before I head back to her house and cook for both of us again.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

181.4 this morning, TOM is coming, I feel bloated, this is none of it anything new, lol.

We got through the first day of school craziness yesterday, so now it's the first-day-of-school-where-I-have-gym-after craziness. And then there's tomorrow, which should be less crazy, and then it's performing my chair acrobatics routine in front of the whole gym day. :scream:

And then this weekend is packing everything for Disney.

And I've scheduled the new covid booster for sunday night, so oof.

It's so busy! I'm looking forward to things getting less busy! Once I'm on the road, or once the events happen, I at least don't have to think about preparing for them anymore, lol.

I've read all your posts, clicked all your buttons, and I'm happy to see both new and old faces in here! And I'm flattered that @justanotherloser007 brought back that gem- I have it saved with my weekly weigh in format, lol. But no time to tag party, must dash to make some school lunches. Here's a bento I did for the kid yesterday:
    tbe2xt9hw1ka.png

Have a great day, everyone!

I have apple and oranges this week <3
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays.

Started 2/5/22
    SW: 288.8
    CW: 249.8 (-39)
    GW for September: 243

8/29: 249.8
    9/5: 247.4 (-2.4)
    9/12: 246.6 (-0.8)
    9/19:
    9/26:

Goals for September:

🍎 Keep eating 4-5 fruits and veggie servings per day, at least 5 days a week
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Work up to 4-5 minutes at a time doing Leslie Sansone workouts by the end of the month if able to
    👩‍⚕️ Have my rheumatologist and dentist appointments
    🛋 Keep up with therapy and going in person as much as possible
    ⬇️ Lose 5 pounds (I’ll be happy with any loss though)

Had my dentist appointment Monday and my first physical therapy appointment yesterday. PT is now two times a week which is making me feel very overwhelmed in addition to all the other appointments and health issues I have going lately. Other than that I don’t have much of an update.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I am eating more calories lately but not above maintenance especially considering exercise. I have doing aqua aerobics 3 times a week and a few walks in as well for the last 2 weeks if I go to the pool on Friday. If I bring my calories down I should start to lose. I find it hard to get on the scale on the days we go to the pool. We have been eating healthy meals at home except for 1 day when we went to a Hawaiian festival on Sunday. We made a healthy yummy meal last Saturday for friends but they cancelled due to the heat and smoky air. At least we got our house clean and better organized. We will try to meet with them this Saturday but we can’t repeat the bbq rack of lamb again. I made Mulligatawny Soup without salt Monday and it was good. I am trying to prepare to start work next week. I can’t figure out how to continue as much aquafit with the commute. Maybe on the days I work remote. It is really hard to get up early to go to the pool and I feel like I need the sleep too.

@sandielwis2001 I would have a hard time with snacks being left out too.

@pamperedlinny I put a want to read tag on the book on Goodreads

@justanotherloser007 I am menopausal and on medication that makes it worse but the main issue for me is age related slow metabolism. I agree that if you aren’t eating the calories then it is not regular weight gain but I think that other things besides calories help weight loss. Again it is something like the salt in eating out or sleep helps us lose since it gives our bodies the time to digest food properly. I think if you watch your calories you can have some treats but in general eating healthy foods prepared at home is one of the best indicators on whether I am losing or not. So I log my food but I find CICO isn’t the whole answer for me. It has definitely been it for you though. I am glad you have worked on your maintenance skills too. When you lose that 7 pounds it will not be that much different than losing. It is still CICO. If you stop balancing that you will gain it back. I also find that even when losing there is a great benefit to periods where you are just maintaining even if you are trying to lose. It helps your brain/body get used to a new weight to maintain at and our bodies are good at that. If you are continuing to exercise we often lose inches and get better toned. Glad you don’t have so much loose skin. It takes time but it will improve.

@swimmom_1 That is just not fair losing height and having to lose more weight to reach a normal BMI. I am afraid to find out if I lost any height. My husband says he has. Glad you are back on the rails.

@CupcakeCrusoe I think in terms of decades too. Congrats to getting to a lower one and doing your performance.

@15822 Congratulations of getting under 30 BMI.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    everyone have a great weekend and don't let it destroy your progress
    71gx8lwo2z8c.png