public diary goals and gains

Options
louisegibbs85
louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello everyone, I've been a member of mfp now for about 3 months and I have found keeping control of my calories and sharing my journey with others has kept me on track, I recently hit a Plateau which sent me a little off track tho, practically eating everything in sight! But today I'm ready to get back to it!!! So, I was just wondering if anybody else would like to join me in writing a sort of little diary here once a week to give others a little motivation and something to relate to .. writing things such as your current weight, the weight you hope to achieve, nsv goals or nsv you have achieved though the week, things you have struggled with or new exercises you have come across etc feel free to add photos, always nice to have a visual! So here goes........

Current weight: 12 stone 5
Goal weigh: 10 stone 13
Nsv goals: to fit into the 5 pairs of pants I can now fasten up but which are more than a little snug!
This week I am hoping to lose 2lb but any loss will be great after seeing the same number for the past three weeks. I also need to drink more water! I was doing so well but then gradually it got replaced with tea and coffee! Also need to get back on track with my exercise, aim to do 30mins a day at the very least.

Thanks for reading, feel free to add, can never have enough mfp friends .. we can do this!! Xx

Replies

• louisegibbs85
    Options
    Bump
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Not sure about making a weekly diary entry because my goals are pretty much standard each week at the moment, to see a downward trend on the scales :smile:

But as I have only been at this for three weeks that may change but here are the longer term goals I guess I am working towards

Starting weight 238 lbs

Current weight 229 lbs

I want to be able to see more of my feet without leaning forward and become fitter and healthier. The next time I have to buy a new pair of trousers I want them to be 2 inches smaller around my waist as well

I love logging everything on this site and am on every day.

Will send a friend request
  • Ratzz_zz
    Ratzz_zz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am following a strict diet and exercise plan.. My target it to lose 5 kgs in 3 weeks..which is doable according to my trainer if I keep my diet under control. Would love to have some friends who are as motivated as me...add me if u are also serious about weight loss. We can help each other.
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Added. You can write about your goals or even just write how you have found the week ... have you struggled, has there been times you have had to resist temptation or craved something specific. I know Saturday night is when I am used to getting takeaways and sitting watching films with munchies but I am going to be good tonight, I will have treat day when I next weigh in :)
  • donnacottam
    Options
    I like the idea of this weekly diet diary I really want make a change in my life I hate being over weight I`m 12st 8lbs and my goal is 10st I always struggle at night I always raid my fridge but not today I`m going to do this so I wish myself good luck lol
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    Food and Alcohol replaced cigarettes for me when I stopped smoking 18 months ago so the dreaded drink is my killer at the weekends and I do struggle to get out of the mind set that a good drink after work on a Friday helps you wind down for the weekend.

Working on it though
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Night time is usually when the cravings set in for me. Once the kids are in bed and the days winding down I suddenly have lots of time to think of food. I always make sure I had enough calories for a snack, even if its just a could of biscuits and cup of ta or yoghurt and fruit ... just to take the edge off lol
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Well guys 2.6lb down.. and im happy to say the least, feel like I am getting somewhere again! This week I've concentrated on eating all my calories plus some of my exercise ones back (I plateaued after a week of eating less than my 1200 calorie goal) my aim was to drink more water which I have done, could still drink more but at least I'm having more than usual. I'm 4lb off moving down into my next lot of sones so my goal for September is for the 12 stones to join the 17,16.15,14 and 13 stones whose *kitten* got kicked lol my nsv is to fit comfortably into a pair of jeans, I haven't been able to wear for years, by October. This week just generally looking to keep it up and lose at least a lb. Good luck guys, have a good week! :)
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    I am happy with my progress as well, but not sure what stone I am in but think its still 16 so would like to break that soon, I don't weigh in until Sunday morning but have lost 10.8 lbs in the first 3 weeks. Once I have lost 14 lbs I will increase my calorie goal slightly because I am losing far quicker than the 1.5 lbs per week target and I am eating my exercise calories back for the most part.
  • donnacottam
    Options
    its my weigh in day today and yay I lost 3lbs which I think is great cant say its not been hard tho iv wanted to raid my fridge over and over but I didn't im so proud of myself im now 12st 5lb not 12st 8lbs so iv just got to keep going to reach my goal
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    WTG Donna, and doesn't it feel good when you have to work for it lol
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Well this week I am happy to report that I lost 3lb and reached my terget of getting into the 11stones earlier than I expected! Was surprised as I have not had chance o exercise much this week and slacked on my water drink in. I also changed my profile to lose 1.5lb a week so that I had more calories this week. My nsv of the week is fitting into a pair of jeans I have not worn for 3years. I also ordered myself a UK size 12 dress which fits perfectly .... I was previously size 20/22 . Motivated me more than ever to carry on, my target was to be 11.11 by the second of October, so I have 2lb to lose in 2and a half week so hoping to surpass that original target inthat time. All in all a very good week!! Hope that everyone has had a good week :)
  • ChrisM8971
    Options
    Fantastic work :drinker:

Spending time with extended family this weekend for the first time since Xmas and the have you lost weight comments are fantastic to hear
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Oh yes those kinds of comments are such motivators, I lists good 60lb before anyone noticed
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    13ymc8k.jpeg
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Practising posting pics lol ... kinda got it right
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    28upyeh.jpeg