Why are there two different prices for Premium? Why can't I pay the cheaper one?

Options
rks581
rks581 Posts: 99 Member
I'm a former Premium user. I discontinued my subscription after my personal information was exposed in MFP's data breach. I'd like to join again.

MFP advertises a premium subscription for CA$11.99 per month through a browser and CA$27.99 per month if I try to subscribe through the app. I can't afford to pay yearly right now, but $12/month is affordable. A little more than competitor apps, but acceptable. $28 is absurd for a calorie counting app when the only feature I really need is MFP's integration with my Garmin watch. (Other apps do integrate, but Garmin Connect itself integrates best with MFP.)

I tried to purchase a subscription through a web browser. I can enter my card details, but clicking "Start Enjoying Premium" does nothing. I've tried in several different browsers and on several devices. There's no error message and there doesn't appear to be a request that's being processed.

If $11.99 per month isn't a real price, why does MFP advertise it, display an order form for it, and let me try to pay for it?

I have to emphasize that this is a clearly advertised price. Anybody would look at that price and think they could pay it. So "this reflects a US-only discount" or "this is for first-time Premium users" is not acceptable. The order form says that the price is $11.99 and that this amount will be charged to a credit card.

Please let me purchase a subscription for this clearly advertised price, or a lower price. If this is not possible, then please see this Government of Canada site on misleading advertising, because a complaint to the Competition Bureau (a government agency, not the Better Business Bureau) is likely to be appropriate.

jy2xbx91xabj.jpg
rtx2wpfte6rv.jpg

Answers

This discussion has been closed.