Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Alphabetize Recipes

Options
It would be helpful if the recipes were listed in Alphabetical order on the web version. It is awkward scrolling through all my recipes when trying to find one to reproduce. Or even if they were searchable on the recipes page (I know they are alphabetical on the food diary). And I don’t use the app version.
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• kelsyhb
    kelsyhb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, and a way to organize recipes into entrees, sides, desserts, dinner, breakfast, etc. Tags would be good so you could assign multiple tags to one recipe.
  • markman64
    markman64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. It's really unfortunate not to at least have a search feature there.
  • mcoelho5284
    mcoelho5284 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I must have 10 pages of saved recipes. It's really frustrating to have to go through each page to find a recipe I saved. Please provide a way to alphabetize!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    In the MFP phone/tablet app, you can sort the recipes alphabetically if you want to do that, or search using a partial text string. That's true either on the recipes page (within the Recipes, Meals & Foods option of the More menu) or when adding a food to your diary. The web version of MFP is more limited, but you can sort recipes by name when adding them to your food diary.

If you're having difficulty with this, the phone/tablet app may suit your needs better than the web browser version of MFP.

Don't get me wrong: I'd like to see more sort/search/tagging options. But there are at least some ways to alphabetize or search until more features show up.
  • tornadoroo
    tornadoroo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have wanted this forever and I finally after years figured out how to find and edit my recipes on my phone. I would still love to have that on line as well as frankly it’s easier on my arthritis to use and I can type instead of using my aching thumbs, LOL. Let’s hope they do this!