Looking for Accountability Partners

Options
Hi there, I am in my 50's and it is time to really focus on healthy eating & exercise. I experience significant joint pain and struggle with major salty & sweet cravings. Would love to connect with those who know they need to exercise but find it challenging due to pain, this is such a difficult place to be. Let's support each other! - Sue

Replies

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,284 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to our forums @SusieGirlRN!
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi @SusieGirlRN And welcome!

I can totally relate to working through pain. The first thing I do when I get up, after recording my bp and other vitals, is to jump on the treadmill. I’m up to 30 minutes at one time and am increasing the time and the speed weekly. I started at 5 minutes a WEEK, not a day, 5 min a week. I was so out of shape, but within a month I’m up to 30 minutes a DAY. I plan on continuing to increase until I hit 10,000 steps a day, roughly 5 miles. Also, I am going to start adding strength training 2-3 times a week starting next week. The only thing that worries me about that is squeezing that strength training into my already very strict schedule. But I’ll find a way to do it. Much success to ALL! 🤗
  • chriseditcool
    chriseditcool Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me as a friend for reasons of friendship and encouragement. I too am in my 50s and have difficulty getting active due to pain.