Stick with what you like

Options
Its important to do the exercises you know you like and eat the foods that bring you joy. These will increase your motivation to stick with it! I have found that the more joy i have in my diet and fitness routines, the easier it is to stay consistent. Dont force the things you dont like to get to your goals faster. Consistency is really where the real progress is made. Try new things for fun, but if it didnt bring joy, dont force it. You can slowly modify to build up your stamina in workouts and nutrition in the dietary department. Always remember, this is a lifestyle not a quick fix. Enjoy the journey!!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,179 Member
    Options
    Yes, very true. The easier we make this journey for ourselves, the more likely we're going to stick with it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    While it is important in the overall scheme of things, if all one does is Zumba and still overconsumes calories, weight loss isn't going to happen. And while Zumba is great for cardio and a little leg work, it does little at all for upper body. The less muscle you use, the more it atrophies and becomes "flabby". So while one may not get joy in resistance training, it SHOULD be part of your regimen for optimal fitness.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Agreed