My size 32 waist jeans are too big…

Options
And I just bought them not too long ago. I am thinking I just use a belt until they become waaay too big.

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    And I just bought them not too long ago. I am thinking I just use a belt until they become waaay too big.

This is a problem most of us would like to experience! Congrats to you.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I was in "guy mode" for way too long, where I kept clothes for years. As I lost weight, they got both baggy and old, until my wife told me I looked too disheveled for polite company. And, I was thinner than ever! So I went to the store, bought all new, and gave away everything that didn't fit. Unfortunately, I've gained a bit these past few months, and some of the "lightweight" clothes are too small. I also need to buy some new clothes, having bought practically none during the quarantine period.

I'm having a hard time buying for my current size, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do! Maybe by next year, they'll be baggy again and I'll have to give them all away. I should be so lucky!
  • DSpence1973
    DSpence1973 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was in "guy mode" for way too long, where I kept clothes for years. As I lost weight, they got both baggy and old, until my wife told me I looked too disheveled for polite company. And, I was thinner than ever! So I went to the store, bought all new, and gave away everything that didn't fit. Unfortunately, I've gained a bit these past few months, and some of the "lightweight" clothes are too small. I also need to buy some new clothes, having bought practically none during the quarantine period.

I'm having a hard time buying for my current size, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do! Maybe by next year, they'll be baggy again and I'll have to give them all away. I should be so lucky!

I have a similar predicament. I year ago I had been doing a lot of BJJ/MMA training and eating mostly plant based. I really thinned out. My wife bought me some skinny jeans that were form fitting, but not tight. Then for the last year I have focused on strength training and don't skip leg days. Now my skinny jeans are getting too tight on my thighs. I don't want to get rid of them though because you never know if I will thin out again.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I’m currently doing mma. That and my off-day conditioning is causing the drop in pounds. Plus watching my quality of intake. I’m ok with it but I JUST bought 5 pairs of form fitting jeans. Maybe I should do some strength training too?
  • DSpence1973
    DSpence1973 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’m currently doing mma. That and my off-day conditioning is causing the drop in pounds. Plus watching my quality of intake. I’m ok with it but I JUST bought 5 pairs of form fitting jeans. Maybe I should do some strength training too?

Yeah, I do a mix of strength training, cardio, and mostly BJJ with a little MMA. I can honestly say an hour of open mat BJJ rolling is hands down more calories burned than any other exercise I do. When I train 3 or 4 days a week I can skip my other workouts and still lose weight.
  • waitsdad
    waitsdad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had this great experience a few early mornings ago: I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and get some work done. I went into my closet to dress and even though I've lost about 55 lbs. in the past 6 months, I've been wearing the same clothes. I started trying on things I haven't worn in years and THEY FIT!! Before I knew it, I'd been in there for nearly an hour relishing the fact that i could once again wear almost everything in there! Some things are dated and i won't really wear them, but I bet I doubled my wardrobe options!! Even though my old clothes were getting loose, it hadn't occurred tome that I could wear smaller sizes! I still want to lose another 50 lbs. but I'm already seeing such great results! This is the first time I've done it paired with strength training. I'm 61 years old and I feel and look better than I have in probably a decade or more. All of it is keeping me motivated to stick with the plan, even when I have a few frustrating plateau weeks. MFP has been hugely helpful in making sure I know what I'm consuming. I'm doing 1700 cals/day and generally feel satiated and not hungry as long as i make smart choices. I don't feel denied anything and almost anything I want as long as I balance it out.
  • driganezis
    driganezis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haha, i have exactly the same problem. Bought 7 pepe jeans (W32/L32) before 9 months and they are all useless now. Lost 16 cm in my waist circumference (dropped from 98 cm to 82 cm) and even with a belt, jeans look not so nice upon me. But i am not going to buy new ones before i reach my waist goal.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Giving good-quality clothes to charity is it's own reward. My understanding is that women's shelters are always looking for women's clothing that is in good condition.

Salvation Army will take anything. But: No one wants ratty old stuff, old t-shirts, socks, underwear, or worn out shoes. However tempting to pass it on, take one for the team and throw that stuff out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!