Hey Good Looking

Options
Now that you have lost that 15 lbs or maybe more
Fitting into the blue jeans that you could not throw out.
Have you ditched the big ugly glasses and went for contact lenses?
I have lost 12 lbs
And feeling lighter on my feet already
I’m thinking that the big old frames need to go
Thoughts?

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I’ve worn contacts since I was like 14 years old no matter my weight and I like them. Give it a shot!
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    i ditched 'em.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    I dunno about big ugly glasses (they're narrow metal frames, bright fuchsia/magenta colored), but I haven't ditched mine.

I didn't even choose to ditch them when I needed cataract surgery (opted to stay nearsighted with the implanted lenses, though not just in order to keep wearing glasses). I wouldn't know myself without glasses, and don't really like how I look without them.

Everyone's going to be different, eh?

If you think you look better without yours - many people do - then by all means ditch them. Unless you get surgery, it's a reversible decision, if you don't like it in the long run. Heck, even with surgery, it's reversible, if you get some with plain non-corrective lenses. 😉
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I kind of like how this question reads like prose poetry.

So:

As you feel better and better
    Reveling in your progress toward the goal
    Remember to make time for joy
    Do those things that help you see
    Just how much you've changed,
    outside and within.
    Bear in mind what others say
    but in the end...
    do what sets you free!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Sometimes glasses are sexy and appealing. It depends on the person and the glasses and the attitude.

Do what makes you happy. To each his own.
  • akm0615
    akm0615 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ditched mine and switched to contacts. While weight loss was a factor (40+lbs), it was the damn mask that kept fogging up my glasses!! I still sport them once in a while when I'm too lazy to stick my fingers into my eyes....
  • GatorK89
    GatorK89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love the way I look with my glasses, my face looks empty without them
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I broke my glasses last week and have to wait up to two weeks to get them. I've had to wear my one day use disposable contacts.

I HATE wearing these stupid things. Moat of the day I just go blind and hope I don't run into things
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Or you can get some nice adorable frames and keep the glasses. So many frames nowadays are chic and stylish. It's not easy switching to contacts for everybody. But you can always upgrade your style/class of frames.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!