Options

Replies

• Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    The Beatles - Rolling Stones - U2 - iconic bands - I could take or leave

This is very true for me, too. I mean, sorry, sorta true. Make that maybe true, maybe not true...this thread is confusing

You can’t handle the truth !

...ain't that the truth
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

This is very true for me, too. I mean, sorry, sorta true. Make that maybe true, maybe not true...this thread is confusing

in the spirit of this thread neutrality means literally anything u want it to, idc
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Politics
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    If you like to say “I did a thing”

Also, I don’t care either way about the word “moist”.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

How about adorbs and doggo and furbaby?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

How about adorbs and doggo and furbaby?
    I would say I’m not neutral on those. But they don’t bother me much. I think in order of neutrality:
    Furbaby
    Doggo
    Adorbs

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I think, because I spent most of my life not having opinions and staying quiet and being shy and self conscious and stuff that, now that I found I have a voice, I'm not neutral on anything!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options

They’re all massively overrated, especially U2…I really don’t like Bobo.

I think, even though…overrated The Beatles were genius. Like, I’m totally content with them being the biggest selling band ever and the influence a lot of my favourite artists..so I’m happy they are so seminal…because a lot of great music exists because of them..
  • ermengarde22
    Options

I think, even though…overrated The Beatles were genius. Like, I’m totally content with them being the biggest selling band ever and the influence a lot of my favourite artists..so I’m happy they are so seminal…because a lot of great music exists because of them..

okay but the daniel lanois and brian eno U2 stuff is 🔥
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    It probably wouldn’t bother me I was never able to listen to recorded music again.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options

okay but the daniel lanois and brian eno U2 stuff is 🔥

Some of their 80z stuff is pretty good. I haven’t listened to their discog, I admit. Their later stuff is so cringy…and unfortunately it’s what comes to mind whenever I think of that band. It just got spammed so much on the radio, maybe it’s not cringy…just uninspired…then it’s even worse when it’s played everywhere.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    It probably wouldn’t bother me I was never able to listen to recorded music again.

I know others like this - I myself couldn’t imagine life without music - but on the other hand I could go the rest of my life without reading a fiction book - I only read to learn not for pleasure 🤷‍♂️
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options

I know others like this - I myself couldn’t imagine life without music - but on the other hand I could go the rest of my life without reading a fiction book - I only read to learn not for pleasure 🤷‍♂️
    I think this is probably a fair comparison. But please remember I didn’t say life without music. I said life without recorded music. For me there’s a difference. My kids banging around on the piano brings me more joy than something coming out of my headphones

this is so foreign to me twitchy

i feel like pretty low right now like just bad time tonite and the first thing i did was put on a song like a bandaid on a cut

I don’t hate recorded music. just neutral about its existence

For me music has to be an active listening thing otherwise it just becomes noise. I don’t like listening and doing other things at the same time. And when I have to make a choice between doing something or listening to music that I’ve heard hundreds of times before I will almost always choose to do something.

for me live music is the way to go. I don’t necessarily mean rock concerts. I mean any live music even just my friends and I singing. Not only is it always varied and fresh, it engages me in a way that recorded music can’t

But I’m so glad you guys have the tools to make yourselves feel better❤️

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

I think this is probably a fair comparison. But please remember I didn’t say life without music. I said life without recorded music. For me there’s a difference. My kids banging around on the piano brings me more joy than something coming out of my headphones

i feel like pretty low right now like just bad time tonite and the first thing i did was put on a song like a bandaid on a cut

For me music has to be an active listening thing otherwise it just becomes noise. I don’t like listening and doing other things at the same time. And when I have to make a choice between doing something or listening to music that I’ve heard hundreds of times before I will almost always choose to do something.

for me live music is the way to go. I don’t necessarily mean rock concerts. I mean any live music even just my friends and I singing. Not only is it always varied and fresh, it engages me in a way that recorded music can’t

I get this -

Also I always enjoy your takes on chit - usually I find myself saying - hmm never thought of it that way - I like it - Picasso!

• ermengarde22
    edited September 2022
    Options

i love live music so much, i think i’ve been to over 1000 shows in my life (long time ago it was kind of my job) but nowadays its more like once a month bc life
    and then YES both my kids play multiple instruments and when they play it makes me so happy ♥️ my girl is playing this french song on the piano lately that is so pretty i just will sit on the sofa in the music room when she practicing and its like, joyful to hear

anyway i’m pretty sure music in many forms literally saved my life a few times

and thats probably the most i ever writ on this forum that wasn’t a joke or kinda trolling lmao

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

i love live music so much, i think i’ve been to over 1000 shows in my life (long time ago it was kind of my job) but nowadays its more like once a month bc life
    and then YES both my kids play multiple instruments and when they play it makes me so happy ♥️ my girl is playing this french song on the piano lately that is so pretty i just will sit on the sofa in the music room when she practicing and its like, joyful to hear

anyway i’m pretty music in many forms literally saved my life a few times

and thats probably the most i ever writ on this forum that wasn’t a joke or kinda trolling lmao

This gave me all kinds of warm fuzzies. Thank you for typing it all out.

Idk why people who love music are so appealing to me. I used to think that I like music a below average amount which might be true but I think it’s more that the people I’m drawn to love music an above average amount.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    Other peoples taste in art
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It must go over or else it ain't right...lol
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    If you’re an occasional drinker or smoker. I can live with it I guess