Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Clean up/remove duplicates ++ food listings

Options
Vpaty5798
Vpaty5798 Posts: 1 Member
Please consider doing a thorough cleanup of erroneous listing information and duplicates (sometimes multiples +++) of food listings! I find it is such a chore to have to confirm all stats every time I enter a food I am eating/have consumed. Please, please clean up the listings!!!
15 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• 89Cely
    89Cely Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this. I just joined, again, today and the number of duplicate entries is crazy.
  • Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    There is a lot of work being done to clean up the database while not gutting the work other users have done to help grow the database. Some things are more straight forward but huge tasks, like updating all the "avacado" to "avocado", to complicated issues like ensuring that we have relevant and comprehensive serving sizes.

So while I don't have a time line I can share at this point. I can assure you that the team are aware of the issues and looking into the best solution for everyone. We understand the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work on getting this resolved.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    The database is an absolute mess. Not only are so many entries in accurate calorie wise, many are missing macros or they are incorrect, or people can't be bothered to enter the nutrient values. Perhaps you need to stop allowing members to add directly to the database and instead, when they create an entry, have it save only to their own database of created foods.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hudson wrote: »
    There is a lot of work being done to clean up the database while not gutting the work other users have done to help grow the database. Some things are more straight forward but huge tasks, like updating all the "avacado" to "avocado", to complicated issues like ensuring that we have relevant and comprehensive serving sizes.

So while I don't have a time line I can share at this point. I can assure you that the team are aware of the issues and looking into the best solution for everyone. We understand the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work on getting this resolved.

Hey @Hudson, I have reported this entry multiple times as far back as August, and it's still a verified entry for cheddar cheese with what is clearly cereal macros. It has 0 verifications, so it didn't get its green check from users confirming. Does anyone monitor those reports and action them?

uz1v7wbyc3ut.png
  • bozathm
    bozathm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a green check? Chick-Fil-A waffle fries have 25 entries, most wrong, half with a green check! There only needs to be ONE entry, with 3 different sizes. The harder it is for people to use log, the more likely they are to quit the app.
    Database cleanup is the magic factor here; just hire a team to crunch away.
  • janesimontv
    janesimontv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every single food I have attempted to input straight from the database so far has incorrect nutritional information - often wildly inaccurate. It’s worse than useless so I am doing my own calculations for everything. It makes MFP pointless