Why am I getting a flood of outdated emails?

Options
s1im62
s1im62 Posts: 29,499 Member
I typically get four or five emails a day for reactions to things on my News Feed. This week I've been getting dozens of email messages, mostly for things that were on my News Feed weeks ago.

Anybody know what's going on? Am I the sole "lucky" recipient of this behavior? Should I start playing the lottery and betting at the horse track? :D

It's become super annoying, and if there are actually any useful emails from MFP they're getting lost in the flood, because I'm just deleting all of the messages each day. I might miss something actually important, but if this continues much longer I'm just going to disable all the email notifications from MFP, because I don't need the annoyance. :#

There used to be a way for users to submit bug reports, but I can't find any way to do that anymore. :(

Best Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Notifications weren't working at all for a while. I think maybe that when they found/solved the problem, it caused "catch up" notifications to be sent out. I've gotten lots, too, and do find it annoying.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 736 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    We were experiencing an issue with past notifications not properly sending out. We believe we have now found a fix for the problem. Unfortunately, as a result of that fix, the program needed to process through a backlog of past notifications, which is what you are now receiving.

We believe once all the notifications catch up and clear out, things should resume to normal!

Answers

• jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm getting them too and also outdated Android notifications as well!
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,499 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jst1986

At least I know I'm not the only recipient.
  • MadRee87
    MadRee87 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It is so incredibly annoying...but agreed with the above...I think it is a catch up
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    This happened before when notifications were broken for a while... this is why premium isn't for me lmao
This discussion has been closed.