Managing Gestational Diabetes

Options
Hey everyone. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant and was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was wondering if anyone else has went through this and has any pointers for changing my diet. I know I need to increase my protein and decrease my sugar and carbs, according to what the nurse said, but I have not gotten an appointment yet for a nutritionist and really want to start eating more healthy now. I am not sure when the earliest appointment will be available for the nutritionist since I am awaiting a call back to schedule this appointment, so I know it will not be before sometime next week. The nurse said to stop all sugar, but everything seems to have sugar in it, even if it is only 1-3grams. I want to change goals on here and start using MFP again in order to help me monitor what I eat to prevent going over the nutritional requirements I should stay under but I do not know what these requirements are yet. So guess what I am asking is can you share your story with me and any dietary advice you may have to help me begin eating more healthy while awaiting my appointment with the nutritionist? I would like to go through all the settings on here to set exactly what my needs are but I have no clue where to begin :( I want to do what is best for my daughter's health. I appreciate any help and advice. Thanks!