I need a "not ruin my whole day" bar drink. Suggestions?

Options

Replies

• krmullig
    krmullig Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    vodka seltzer with a twist of lime!
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Extra Cardio? ;-)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    actually,, gin and fresca rocks, thanks SHan for telling me that..
    but heck, drink whatever you want.
    just go work it off..
    everyone thinks you cannot drink,
    what a load of crap!

Yes, yes^^^^ Fresca and vodka is good, too! But I agree, go with what you like. Whatever that may be, I don't see how one drink could ruin your whole day (unless it's a giant pina colada or something).
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    vodka with seltzer, pick either a flavored vodka or a flavored seltzer (or both) along with lime or lemon. If there isn't enough sweet for you, add a splash of cranberry or orange juice.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Only drink in bars where people dance. Dancing is aerobics with beer. Plus, dancing helps you pace the boozing. If you are dancing you can't be drinking.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    25 yr old Macallan

Oh, yes!

I'll have what you're having, esp if you're buying!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Your dance mileage may vary.

Love it! We dance quite a bit and I am a cheap drunk so anymore than 2 drinks and my husband has to carry me out. I never thought to put dancing on my tracker- this is great! I may never go to the gym on a weekend again!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Whisky and club soda. Gin martini.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Only drink in bars where people dance. Dancing is aerobics with beer. Plus, dancing helps you pace the boozing. If you are dancing you can't be drinking.

It's true

tumblr_maogyciqhD1r5pjkqo1_500.gif
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Whiskey straight up. Repeat.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Whiskey straight up. Repeat.

Repeat.

that's the best suggestion :drinker:
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind there's a new study out that says mixing alcohol with diet soda intensifies the alcohol effect:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/diet-soda-potent-alcohol-mixer/story?id=18411329
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Straight shots.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Options
    Keep in mind there's a new study out that says mixing alcohol with diet soda intensifies the alcohol effect:

Now I am an even cheaper drunk! Sigh.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I was reading another thread on this and they were saying vodka and water and bring crystal light packets and pour those in it.

This ^^^ This ^^^ This^^^ is my favorite thing !!!

I DO THIS!!!!

Curious... How does a bartender respond when asked for a vodka and water? I've been wondering about trying this. I'm pretty sure I'll get the "WTF?" look. Or perhaps I'll order a shot of vodka and a cup of water and concoct my own drink?.... :laugh:
  • bcf7683
    Options

WHAAAAA? Maybe I'll adopt Captain n Diet as my new go to :drinker:
  • Shannonthompson73
    Options
    From the news story quoted above:

"Tabakoff further pointed out that calorie-conscious drinkers might do better simply to limit their alcohol intake, noting that alcohol, too, is packed with calories."

Poor guy just doesn't get budgeting his calories correctly :drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I was reading another thread on this and they were saying vodka and water and bring crystal light packets and pour those in it.

I DO THIS!!!!

Curious... How does a bartender respond when asked for a vodka and water? I've been wondering about trying this. I'm pretty sure I'll get the "WTF?" look. Or perhaps I'll order a shot of vodka and a cup of water and concoct my own drink?.... :laugh:

or you can ask for vodka on the rocks and wait a few minutes.
  • bcf7683
    Options

I DO THIS!!!!

or you can ask for vodka on the rocks and wait a few minutes.

Ooooo... then it'd be REALLY cold