Hi, I've just joined

Options
Hi,

I just joined this site.
Looking forward to meet people on here to support each other.
I live in the North West in the UK and I am aiming to lose 9-10 stone in total. Lost one stone so far without trying to hard.
Lets see if I can continue this.

Replies

• BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! ^____^
  • LilacCatTessa
    LilacCatTessa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • Cyliesmom
    Cyliesmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Helo, I have been here for a couple of weeks....... Good luck on your journey - you are welcome to friend me if you want
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm an MFP veteran. Since November 2011. Been on maintenance since May 2012. It works. Welcome.
  • LilacCatTessa
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. :)
    Heard loads of positive things from people using this site.
  • Shaeren
    Shaeren Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow, congrats on already losing a stone! I'm new to the site too, although I previous lost over 7 stone using a different site. If you're already done so well without the site, then I have no doubt that you can reach your goal if you keep at it.

I'm also from the UK, by the way, so hello from a fellow Brit! :)
  • LilacCatTessa
    Options
    Hello Shaeren,

how much are you looking to lose?
    I was quite slim when I moved to the uk 15 years ago. Sadly the weight kept going up. I stayed almost the the same since my wedding last year and now have finally lost 1stone:)
    What part of the uk are you from?
  • Shaeren
    Shaeren Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey Tessa, I'm in Scotland. I wasn't actually expecting to find other UK members here, so I've been pleasantly surprised.

I think I'm looking to lose around 20lbs. I'm wanting to judge it by how I feel and fitness levels rather than actual weight, so it's just an educated guess. I reckon that might put me at an easy size 12.

I actually got married last year as well. It was certainly a good reason to keep the weight off! What date did you get married?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey Tessa, I'm in Scotland. I wasn't actually expecting to find other UK members here, so I've been pleasantly surprised.
    Lots of UK members on MFP and on my friends list, plus many other places. Having an International membership is one of MFP's best features.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. I've sent you a friend request :)