who else has very uneven loss?

Options
I've had periods where I've been flat or gained around a pound over a 10-day period, then suddenly drop 2 or 3 lbs, only to slow back down or flatline again...am I the only one that does this?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I think we all do this. I went about 6 weeks without losing anything and then dropped 4 pounds a week for a couple of weeks. Some weeks I lose a lot and some weeks I don't lose anything. Just keep it up and know that it's going to work if you stick to it.
  • greg24bailey
    greg24bailey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since December and have experienced this phenomenon several times. It is biology, the body is going to do what IT wants to do when IT wants to do it. Your body could be retaining water or waste, or be starving for food; there is no 100% perfect solution since every body is different regardless of what any personal trainer or physician tells you. As long as you're being diligent about workouts and eating right, disregard the scale - you will eventually be where you want to be. I have been on a plateau since April, put eight pounds back on and have slowly lost most of it; for a variety of reasons. Life has a way of getting in the way of your goals sometimes; just stick with it - it is a lifestyle change and it isn't always easy and doesn't happen at the pace that you necessarily want it to happen.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You are not alone at all, I do that a lot. I was getting discourage for a while because I had a three week period when I lost nothing, but I kept up the exercise. I tried to mix it up too, both food and exercise. But I never loose that exact 1 lb a week. Must be working though because I am 22 lbs lighter than I was January 18th when I started back with MFP.

Think HEALTH, not weight, for me it keeps me on track with my lifestyle choices. Have a great week.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    That JUST happened to me too! I didn't lose for several weeks, then suddenly lost 3 more pounds! It's crazy, but as long as the overall direction is weight loss I wouldn't worry.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Earlier this year I penciled my anticipated weight on each Monday of a calendar, showing a loss of 2 pounds per week. I've been a bit discouraged because I've had weeks that I haven't lost anything so assumed I was not keeping up with this "goal".
    I pulled out this calendar last week and I was exactly bang on what I had anticipated I would be that week anyway! Some weeks I've lost nothing, others more, but it has averaged to about 2 lbs. per week.
    This is part of what makes this such an emotional journey. I've also decided to stay away from my scale except for that once per week weigh-in. That seems to help me avoid some of the roller coaster emotions when the scale isn't cooperating as much as I would like.