Friends and support needed

Options
Hello, My name is Jonathon and I am struggling to turn my life around by eating healthy and exercising.... I have struggled with keeping motivated because I have very little people around me to support me in my journey so I get discouraged, quit the journey, and go back to my old habits of eating unhealthy and not exercising... I am looking for people that would be willing to offer support, good nutritional advice, and lend an ear when i am struggling with change.

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hey Jonathon, welcome to MFP! The forums here are a great source for support & advice. Everyone here is rooting for you! :) Not sure I'll be able to help, but feel free to add me if you wish!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jonathon, and welcome to the Community!

One thing you could consider is taking a look around in the Challenges part of the Community. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

In there, you'll see lots of very diverse threads or links to groups that let people work together toward different goals (weight loss, fitness improvement, targets for specific exercise types, limiting alcohol intake, and much more).

You can read the initial posts, get an idea of the "culture" and nature of each challenge, see if any of them sound like fun to you. Many of then become like a support group, all focused on some common goal(s). It can also be a good way to identify people with whom you have things in common, maybe want to add on the MFP friend side of things.

There are also a few groups/threads in the Motivation part of the Community, here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support

Those challenges/groups/threads may not be perfect for everyone, but there are lots of different options, and they work great for some people, especially if they lack a support system in their daily real life.

Maybe check it out?

Regardless, wishing you success here with your goals!
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems no support around me. I need to better control my blood sugar. I do the same thing I'll do good for a while and then I just give up and quit. I'm hoping for more support on here. You can add me if you wish. I'll try to help when I can.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hey man, sent you a request. I'm down 106 since Feb.24 2022. I was in the same boat as you. You can do it!
  • Slay_Lift_Repeat
    Options
    Feel free to add!
  • RemiSunshine
    RemiSunshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m recommitting to healthy living as well and would love support. I sent you a request!