Weight loss

Hi

I have been maintaining my calories and eating healthier options most of the time, I do tend to have some crisps now and then. I haven’t checked my weight since I have started tracking my calories but the stomach belly fat doesn’t seem like it is shifting or am I being impatient? I feel lighter but I don’t entirely look any lighter than before.

It has only been 20 days but does eating certain things slow down the process a little? I do eat more vegetables more fresh foods but I do sometimes have saturated fat maybe that is the problem?
Tagged:

Replies

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    20 days is likely just not enough time to see any change that is useful information.

If after 3-4 weeks you do not see a change (I'd suggest weighing yourself each month to track progress --- unless you notice clothes fitting differently, etc.), then you can adjust what your daily calorie goal is.

It's all trial and error. Whatever calorie goal you start out with is just an estimate based on the information you've used to get it --- it could be too low or too high....after a few weeks+ you can make adjustments as needed.

How did you get your calorie goal to begin with?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Are you tracking every bite you eat? It is possible to eat nothing but healthy food and still gain weight, if you eat too much of it. How much of a deficit are you targeting? Why are you not weighing yourself regularly? The only way to really know whether you are eating too little or too much is to keep track of what happens with your weight over time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Calorie count matters. If you're eating crisps and within your calorie deficit, then you should be fine, but if you're surpassing it, then don't expect to lose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    I agree with the others that 20 days isn't long enough to see much change. What were you expecting that you'd see at this point? I'd also warn you that we don't get to choose where fat comes off first. For a lot of people, belly fat is a first on/last off kind of proposition. You may drop a lot of fat from other areas before any change to that one particular spot is noticeable.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,500 Member
    This is an example of why you should regularly track metrics such as weight and maybe measurements, perhaps take regular self-pics, because otherwise it's hard for us to see short term progress. You might have lost several pounds so far which would be reason to feel encouraged, but instead it reads like you may be a little discouraged.

Your belly fat may be last to go. Crisps are very high in calories.
  • Hi Thankyou for all responses I think I may be being a little impatient, I am strictly tracking my calories weighing everything. Hardly ever complete my 1500 calories, I think I just need to wait and continue on my journey, I love all your responses appreciate everything. Hope you all meet your fitness goals