Free money & indulgence (aka me time) :0) decisions

Options
cheers_b
cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
No earth shattering post here- just a little fun/ mindless chatter for friday afternoon. Thought i would throw this out to the peeps.

So i had a bday this week and my parents gave me some $$ (yes as a grown adult i still recieve presents- - so what -- everyone luvs presents!) to buy myself something. To frame this scenerio correctly i need to tell you it's $200.

i dont want to buy anything practical- but i also dont want to just waste it.i cant give it away and they will ask me what i got.

I have narrowed it down to a pair of golf shoes (need darker colored ones for muddy/rainy rounds) or casual runners (wear to the gym or maybe van type to just cruise in). I dont really need either except i want to indulge myself and afterall-my parents mandate to me was to go buy myself something I wanted. I could use either of these.

I realize the above is shallow and self-centerred -- agreed -- but it is what it is - dont judge! . :happy:

Just curious -- if someone gave you $200 and said you had to buy something for yourself, you couldnt give it away or buy something for someone else -- but also get something you want however it may not be super-practical.....what would that item be?

Have a great weekend!
cheers
b

Replies

• JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Oh, this is easy....clothes or jewelry. Hands down. :happy:
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    ...massage....

...Not practical at all since I would have nothing to show for the money spent after except a smile...

...I can almost feel the warm oil already....

(I can't wait to hear which shoes you picked!)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    bet it on NFL opening weekend. see if you can turn that 200 into a small vacation.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd buy starter stuff for climbing.

A pair of shoes, chalk and a chalk bag.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A new bridle for my horse and some new riding boots!
  • irishscootz
    Options
    I would probably buy a laser range finder, assuming that you don't already have one.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Pet friendly beach rental so we could take the cat that needs the daily meds.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I'd buy a gun! I want a little pink 380 :) Might be more than $200 though.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, too much choice here! A new watch, a proper pen, some bits for my camera, clothes or some new glasses...... Probably a new watch me thinks!
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    update - went with the golf shoes :tongue: :love: