Is it okay to ruck every day?

Options
blakechurch18
blakechurch18 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2022 in Fitness and Exercise
I am prior military so I know how to keep correct form. I've already been doing daily 25lbs ruck for 2 miles daily for about a week, but google says its not recommend due to possible recovery issues and or injuries. But I honestly don't feel that sore. Is this a good sign that I can continue to ruck everyday? (I do take the weekends off so technically its daily 5x's a week.)

Replies

• aCountryVegan
    aCountryVegan Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    For recovery, I would break up your two recovery days, maybe Saturday and Wednesdays. Do you have any kind of sports watch? Most of them have indicators for overtraining. The problem with overtraining, is unless you are experiencing pain, you most likely won't realize you are overtraining until you have an injury and then it is too late. Also, you did not mention your physical fitness before this week of rucking, but even if you are super fit, you run the risk of injury. I run with a weight vest but only on my shorter runs about 3 times a week and I am nowhere near 25 pounds yet, but I am also an old fart. LOL Been a few years since I was running in the military. Also my polar watch is great at determining my level of stress factors versus my tolerance levels and as long as I keep them close to each other, I usually run injury free.
  • cm718ny
    cm718ny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been rucking for 2 months now, every other day, with a 40lb weight vest. I'm 154 lbs and I go for 5 miles each time with approx. 10,000 steps which takes me 1 hour & 15 min. NO soreness, aches or any other ailments! Also 59 years young!