New and looking for friends fighting T2 diabetes!

Options
I’ve been using the app since June again. I was diagnosed T2 in July. This has been my number one resource for healthy living. Really could use some friends who are traveling this same road to health.

Replies

• shazzajbray
    shazzajbray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharon. I am 52 years old and have been T2 diabetic since 2014. I have several other health issues, all diagnosed at the same time. I feel like I am in a constant battle with my body. I would love to have a friend who is in the same situation, to share recipes and tips. Also for support for each other. I am in awe of anyone who has managed to get ontop of their diabetes and would love to chat.
    Sharon, Newark, Nottinghamshire.
  • BeeHapppy101
    BeeHapppy101 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m in the same boat and need to get serious about my health. I’m scared to see my numbers. Finally got on the scale today and I’m up 30 pounds this year. So disappointed but ready to make changes I can stick to. Would love to find some accountability friends who understand because hubs hasn’t been helpful. He’s thin and doesn’t feel he needs to lose weight so he continues to eat what he wants. Open to any tips and suggestions.
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 53 dx with diabetes almost a year ago. I was holding my own until all the covid lockdowns. My weight went up my sugars were out of control. Now I am down 40 lbs and my A1c is holding around 5.9. I exercise and eat healthy.
  • shazzajbray
    shazzajbray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I add someone as a friend?
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    How do I add someone as a friend?

copy the person's screen name. At the top of the page click on Find Members. Then paste the screen name and it will pull up the profile to add a friend.
    1vjbz32rq1ek.png
  • JDavidPugh
    JDavidPugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    T2 Diabetic here as well............ All feel free to add me!
  • nettaq54
    nettaq54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am 2 been fighting this so long i need a friend i need help i join www but i feel its not helping i am paying and have to do everything on line which is crazy to me so iam back out here buy myself i need a friend
  • Highmtnlady68
    Highmtnlady68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same boat as everyone else. Need to lose weight, T2 diabetic, soon to be 55.