Alcohol

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
For those that haven't given up on drinking during their weight loss journey, what do you drink?

I'm giving Miller 64 a shot tonight. I usually drink Coors Light and Fireball... that Fireball kills me, though. So high cal but so delicious!

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Splurge, you earned it.

A shot is like 52 calories.
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Everything. Heavy brew beers, whiskey, wine, cordials, vodka, tequila, scotch. Everything I like. I fit the calories in. Drinking and good times to me is worth the extra workouts and lack of snack here or there.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and diet cran-cherry juice but it's still a ton of calories (I drink a lot when I drink!) but the worst part for me is the "drunk munchies"!! I will eat anything and everything once I get my buzz on. It is for this reason that I am really trying to just cut out drinking altogether. I don't have enough will power to just have a little to drink or to stay away from all the crap I eat when drinking.

Good luck to you though!
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I like the Miller 64 occasionally but I also splurge once in a while and go for the heavier stuff! Plan for it and have a ball!!!
  • rmblackmt123
    rmblackmt123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of drinking but have to do it in moderation. I've decided to only drink on Friday and Saturday if at all. I'm 37 so I really feel the drinks if I try and get on the treadmill the next day. But a little isn't too bad. I'm a wine or whiskey drinker, beer makes me feel so bloated that I stopped drinking it about 2 years ago.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like red wine and light beer.... but when I'm naughty, I go for the craft beer. I just try to plan for it if I can (eat a little less, move a little more).

If I'm at my In-Laws' house, I'll have a Fruitable Juice (40 cals) and a shot of vodka. :drinker:
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I drink my regular beer and then a glass of water -- it helps me control calories AND my budget at the same time.

I think (for me) it is impossible to suffer adverse consequences from drinking super low calorie beers because of the low alcohol content so sometimes I will drink those out in social situations for that reason alone if I don't want water. I really think my body can metabolize the alcohol as fast as I drink it. (I don't drink fast)

I drink vodka with lime and seltzer.

I drink rum and coke zero.

I try to eliminate the calories in the mixer and just drink a little less to make it fit in my macros for the day.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice Light is only 80 calories... but it's also less % of alcohol = drink more of it anyway!
    MEH-Just have fun!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I found a neat recipe for keto alcoholic root beer. Here's the link. Haven't tried it yet though. Hopefully soonish!

http://www.nobunplease.com/keto-spiked-root-beer-floats-low-carb-gluten-free/
  • kfavulous
    kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    double vodka soda... tall glass... lime.... like 115calories at max.... and they're doubles!
  • happyhiker83
    Options
    I love wine and the occasional beer. When I first started MFP, I was surprised at how many calories alcoholic drinks have. I now indulge in smaller quantities: one drink instead of two or three. Since my alcohol tolerance has gone down, one drink feels like plenty. My liver, my waistline, and my wallet all benefit, so I'm happy.

I could drink more, but I guess I'd rather use those remaining calories at the end of the day on a larger portion of dinner, or on ice cream. :)

Most days, though, if I really want to, I can manage squeeze in both an ice cream and a beer. I love this diet!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas for drinks now, thanks guys!

As for people telling me to just splurge, I normally do. But since I drink every friday/saturday the calories can sometimes get WAY out of control. :P

And RE: calories in shots, Fireball has ~100 cals per 1.5 oz. And when I take shots... I take a lot. Lol

ETA: I do my best to plan ahead to fit calories in for drinking, BUT, I'm 22. When I go out to bars it's not to have just a couple of drinks. Haha :P
  • kfavulous
    kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    this thread encouraged me to have a drink tonight.... i'm half way in and have a good buzz.... you know your body's not used to drinking when!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Beer (love miller 64) and vodka....I was eying the fall brews today at the store but there is plenty of time for that.

Already logged my vodka for this evening. :smile:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I drink EVERYTHING lol. I just try to limit it to once a week. It hasn't seemed to hinder my weight loss at all. If you're trying to be careful just remember not to get any high calorie or super sugary mixers. My go to drinks used to be diet coke/rum and vodka sodas. When I'm drinking at home I usually mix with crystal light lol. I know, I know...but hey, it works.
  • Dechant63
    Options
    Light beer with low carbs if drinking heavily. Any great tasting hoppy beer if want something to sip on. Bourbon all the time, straight up.