Weight loss 'pill'

Options
Just wondering if things like Adios max actually work at all or if they're a waste of time and money
(No patronising comments i'm wondering whether to buy them i'm not yet taking them)

Anybody had any success or bad experiences with them?

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. All of them.

Unless you particularly enjoy sharting yourself, in which case give Alli a try.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Some of them work, many are essentially legal scam. If they work, are you gonna take them for the rest of your life? The moment you get off the pills you will balloon again.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    If they worked, wouldn't everyone be thin? No snark, just some logic...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    tapeworm-diet.jpg
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    waste of money

Just eat right and exercise (yes I know everyone says this) but its the absolute truth.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    There's no magic pill, just hard work. If you want to lose weight, you have to put the work in for it.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ECA stacks have been figured to increase metabolism by about 100 calories a day. But the side effects are extensive.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It depends on how one answers the question "do they work?". Many gimmicky diets and pills will initially help you lose weight--either by some effect of the substance itself or my motivating you to stick with a program short-term.

However, the real definition of "working" is that you keep the weight off for at least two years. By that standard, the answer is a resounding "NO". None of them work. The 2-year failure rate of "diets" and "diet pills" is around 95%.

Essentially, a six-month weight loss means nothing (even those who lose the "right" way via healthy exercise and lifestyle changes have a 2 yr failure rate of about 60%). It can be hard to keep faith when a friend or relative is boasting about their 20 lb in 5 wks weight loss, but it is pretty certain that they will soon gain it all back and the tortoise will still be chugging along.