So When are you "done" done

Options
Lunies
Lunies Posts: 4 Member
I don't really use this site much more, only when I feel pudgy or like I'm not getting all the nutrients I need.

I don't own a scale but I do own a soft measure tape so I keep track of the fattest part of my stomach, not the waist. I've reached my goal from 40 inches to now 34 inches, but I still feel like I need work? I don't like how my stomach still bulges when I sit. I feel like that's what a to-be anorexic might think so I'm just here to ask, when did you decide that you were done, that was it and all you had to do was maintain your weight.

Replies

• ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal weight from 120 up to 125. I looked in the mirror and was happy with what I saw. I am in a good size of pant - I'm ok with myself. I realized that I just have to tone a bit to flatten my stomach. I've had a baby so it's not gonna be perfect but I can get it a bit better. I guess you just have to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal weight from 120 up to 125. I looked in the mirror and was happy with what I saw. I am in a good size of pant - I'm ok with myself. I realized that I just have to tone a bit to flatten my stomach. I've had a baby so it's not gonna be perfect but I can get it a bit better. I guess you just have to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see.

This.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Never done. There is ALWAYS something one can improve. Fitness, conditioning, strength, physique, muscle, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Never done. 34 puts you in healthy inches territory (lower risk of heart problems).
    How much smaller would you need to be to be happy with yourself? Only you know the answer to that.

When I decide I am done, I am done till the scale tells me "holy crap you are fat again" then I start being good again.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    good question. My original goal was to get to 140lbs, then once reached that i realised i could do more, so I changed it to 126. I am now at 129, but actually think that is enough. I dont want skinny, i want healthy. I am working more now on strength, more weight lifting etc. I dont think I will ever be 'done', mainly because i love it so much and my body keeps surprising me by what it can do, if i let it ;)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'll be done when I'm 100 years old and moving under my own power still rather than shuffling about in a walker or not at all. At least that's the goal.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well... I guess the short answer is I'll be done with my weight-loss in 50 more pounds.
    However, this is now my lifestyle. I keep track of what I eat because I know I have a problem when it comes to food. It's no excuse and I need to get rid of the weight forever. No more yo-yo weight loss. I also have made fitness my lifestyle and not just something I do when I feel like slimming down...
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    I feel like having the mindset that someday you'll be "done" can be dangerous. I never want to slip back into my old ways, I always want to improve! Whether it be weight, inches, cardiovascular fitness, strength, flexibility, etc!
    So many people have problems with gaining the weight back (sometimes more), including me :( I've resolved to enjoy the journey, and the constant (healthy) improvement. :)
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I feel like having the mindset that someday you'll be "done" can be dangerous. I never want to slip back into my old ways, I always want to improve! Whether it be weight, inches, cardiovascular fitness, strength, flexibility, etc!
    So many people have problems with gaining the weight back (sometimes more), including me :( I've resolved to enjoy the journey, and the constant (healthy) improvement. :)

I couldn't agree more!! Very dangerous. Before I had my baby, I lost 70 pounds, and did feel successful. At the same time, I know how weight can creep up, especially if I have the attitude of, "I got this in the bag." Like someone said earlier, there is always room for improvement. They don't call it a lifestyle change for no reason.
  • LuckyFur
    Options
    When it feels like a sneeze only better.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Never done. There is ALWAYS something one can improve. Fitness, conditioning, strength, physique, muscle, etc.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This. Oh and the 100 year old walking independently, too.
  • von13nie
    Options
    I'll be done when I'm 100 years old and moving under my own power still rather than shuffling about in a walker or not at all. At least that's the goal.

ditto
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    this.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

This is how I think. BUT make sure it is balanced with liking and accepting who you are. You can like the way you are and still want to improve.
    "Good, Better, Best!
    Never let it rest!
    Till your good is better
    And your better is best!"
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You're done when you're dead.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!