Vitamin B deficiency and working out

Options
meerkat70
meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
I've recently had blood results indicating vitamin B depletion.

Just read this article and wondered if anyone with similar issues might find it helpful. Suddenly makes sense of a lot of difficulties I've had historically.

Probably not news for a lot of you, but it was eye opening for me!

"B vitamins are known as the mechanisms that turn food into fuel. Even a mild deficiency of one or more B vitamins can decrease your body's ability to repair itself after exercising.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/418931-what-happens-when-you-exercise-with-a-vitamin-b-deficiency/#ixzz2dUOh3jHN"

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I get headaches when I take multi-vitamins but I take D since I live in Seattle where we all have a deficiency unless we supplement our foods or take trips to sunny places. I wouldn't be surprised about the B deficiencies either.
  • tallmansix
    Options
    I've never been tested for B-Vit deficiency personally, however I have been using Berocca or equivalent own brand of B-vits every morning for a couple of years now. Of course it is preferable always to get all vitamins directly from a good nutritious diet, but I've done the maths and I don't think I ever hit the RDA through food.

These supplements give many times the RDA, any excess just comes out in your urine. Some days I get the tell-tale luminous urine but other days I don't suggesting my body may make use of it. I do feel a little brighter and energetic after having it but that's not scientific.

I get between 2 and 10 times the RDA of B1, B2, B6, B12, Niacin, Folic, Biotin and Pantothenic acid from the fizzy tabs. And Vit C, Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium.